RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Dark Horse in a Nickelback video?

read 2996 times • 36 replies • posted 3/30/2010 12:02:45 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

premium
CanIHave4Beers 2908:74
Originally posted by HonkeyBra
Theyíd be doing damage to their brand name by appearing in this video. So, no, itís not stupid.

If the video is as described in that write up I would most certainly say so. I donít know that "frat party" really helps their image.
3/30/2010 2:00:40 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
pepsican 1419:45
I would have done it in a second, and I donít like nickelback. Gotta keep your street cred instead of rolling in a pile of money I guess.
3/30/2010 2:06:26 PM

tdtm82 668:75
Whilst this could become an advertising gold mine for the brewery and available on high rotation on major tv networks it could be irrelevant. I donít think people watching will realise itís a true craft beer or know how to get it. I personally despise Nickleback and prey that the brewery donít get involved even though itís free advertising. I am pretty sure that this could make the brewery but also it could be far too demanding for a micro.

Imagine if a 20hectolitre plant suddenly had too much demand and intense requests they canít keep up with the pressure. Then the quality of the beer may radically demise and the brewery could fail epically. It could be worse case scenario but call me skeptical.
3/30/2010 2:46:27 PM

KAggie97 3529:220
Originally posted by BavarianPurity
Originally posted by JoeMcPhee
Who gives a shit what itís about... it was a great opportunity.
Here, here!

Exactly. Itís about exposure and money and likeíem or not, Nickleback has a lot of money and they are very well-known. Personally, Iím more offended that rappers are in the Rock-N-Roll Hall of Shame, er, Fame than I am over what beer a band like Nickleback has in their music videos.
3/30/2010 3:08:03 PM

premium
Schroppfy 2360:13
I havenít read the BA thread, but I do presume this was a hard decision for them. They are getting ready to expand themselves anyway.

Great, great bunch of people. It is always my pleasure to be in there, since 2001.
3/30/2010 3:28:15 PM

duff 5484:40
The brewer at Dark Horse thinks Slayer are cool?
3/30/2010 3:53:14 PM

premium
Schroppfy 2360:13
Originally posted by duff

yeah, probably, and they may even know and like Boris, who knows?
3/30/2010 3:58:02 PM

premium
garthicus 2592:61
I think itís a ridiculous move on their behalf to turn down the opportunity. A) A crazy amount of free advertising and b) perhaps, just perhaps some BMC drinking youngster may recognise the stuff on a shelf some day and try some and actually become a good beer drinker...
3/30/2010 4:28:29 PM

phillybeer7779 101:10
Crooked Tree would make for one dangerous beer pong game
3/30/2010 6:04:35 PM

premium
italarican 1425:55
Originally posted by duff

For real. It would be one thing if he said Nickelback just wasnít his kind of music, but he trashes the band and then says itís not a "cool" band like... Slayer?!?

As they say: everyoneís music taste sucks except your own.
3/30/2010 6:18:16 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers