RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Dark Horse in a Nickelback video?

read 3115 times • 36 replies • posted 3/30/2010 12:02:45 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

nolankowal 931:12
Good for them, I wouldnít have done it either. Even though the video might have been great advertising, the damage it would have done to the brand wouldnít be worth the quick jolt of sales. Dark Horse makes some great brews and a lot of the them are ones to savor and enjoy, not to binge drink at a frat party.

Secondly, the reasons why Nickelback wanted to use Dark Horse is as lame as their lyrics: because itís the name of the album theyíre releasing. Itís not because Nickelback likes the beer Darkhorse makes or anything, they just want to try and be clever.

If Darkhorse was doing poorly, I could see the move out of desperation, but word of mouth seems to be working pretty well for them.

Besides, rock videos are fucking dead anyway.
3/31/2010 5:49:54 PM

Private message send the author a private message

emacgee 4096:62
I can 100% understand not wanting my product to appear in a music video made by a shitty band. It boils down to association and principle. Were I to have my own brewing company or product then I would be extremely careful and picky about where it ended up and what it was associated with simply because I put so much into that product and it is to a degree a representation of myself. Its sort of like someone who makes some boss product not wanting Wal Mart to pick it up and sell it in there stores. Yeah, youíre making more money as a result but now Wal Mart is selling your shit.

A super exaggerated example:
Should Dark Horse allow their beer to be featured on a free billboard with Osama bin Laden or Hitler or some shit holding one of their brews? It gets their brand out their but maybe they donít want their product associated with that. Same principle applies. If I had my own brewery and the the Black Eyed Peas offered to drink a sixer of my beer on stage before every performance for free I would not be tempted in the least because I donít want my product associated with or promoted because of that crap. Depends on whether the ends justifies the means for your and whether or not your "ends" is increased sales or whether or not it is the enjoyment of your product by those who want to appreciate it and will be conscious of what they are consuming.
3/31/2010 7:24:36 PM

premium
Marko 4030:212
Originally posted by Frank
Originally posted by Doggythedog
Kanye West

If you take the most awesome beer in the world and multiply by an awesomeness factor of ten, it is still only just getting to be in the suburbs of Kanyeís awesome metropolis.

YO Frank! Im really happy for you... And Iímma let you finish... But Dark Horse makes the greatest beers of all time!
4/1/2010 5:52:23 AM

ryan 3186:13
Originally posted by BavarianPurity
Originally posted by 502Flavors
Originally posted by NobleSquirrel

Welllll, ... Dark Horse isnít especially what youíd call a phenomenal brewery, so it isnít of any concern of mine whoíll theyíll regard as "cool" or not - itís all mediocrity if you ask me ... of course Nickelback are the reals shits, but still...

I hope youíre joking...

+1

Donít mind me, Iím just a n00b who posts too much. Iím going to keep my opinions to myself from now on, until I actually learn something about beer.

Well said! Cheers!
4/1/2010 6:01:30 AM

duff 5484:40
Originally posted by duff
Originally posted by duff
The brewer at Dark Horse thinks Slayer are cool?
Welllll, ... Dark Horse isnít especially what youíd call a phenomenal brewery, so it isnít of any concern of mine whoíll theyíll regard as "cool" or not - itís all mediocrity if you ask me ... of course Nickelback are the reals shits, but still...

i guess my original point is who gives a fuck? i donít like slayer, but i wouldnít care if they chose to drink my beer or have it in one of their videos or whatever, same for Nickelback. Think its pretty shallow actually, kinda like not wanting to hang around with the geeky kid at school coz youíre afraid of what your friends might think.

But, I guess that makes this guy pretty cool, I guess its Ok to drink his beer now

Seriousy though, he missed out. Yeah, Nickelback suck and I hate them, but in the great scheme of things...... meh
Can you maybe translate that into English?

actually this wasnít a reply to your post, I was just thinking out loud. yeah i probably didnít make sense to anyone except myself, sorry
4/1/2010 9:07:23 AM

WakeandBake 549:4
DARK HORSE and SLAYER ROCK ! ! ! ! !

Who the hell is Nickelback ?
4/2/2010 5:59:27 AM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.