RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Dark Horse turns down Nickelback endorsement

read 6001 times • 92 replies • posted 6/26/2012 11:39:00 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

premium
pepsican 1440:46
Originally posted by JLLSU
What channel still plays music videos?

youtube.com
6/27/2012 8:11:47 AM

Private message send the author a private message

JLLSU 238:1
Originally posted by pepsiedcan
youtube.com

I go there about 5 times a day and never have my fingers been posessed to type "Nickleback" in the search field.
6/27/2012 8:25:10 AM

premium
b3shine 5191:261
China’s drinking age being 18 doesn’t matter, kryptic. They are much more of a "nanny"/policing state. Try getting caught with any other substances (like the drugs you mentioned). They also have harsher sentences for underage drinking. In San Francisco, people smoke pot on the street; in China, they’re sent to prison for smoking in their own home. And Big Brother watchs much more closely.

And as for the other thread, an admin pointed it out, but nobody (to that point) had paid it any mind. Then I dug deeper and another admin confirmed it. The admin were playing admin, not me. Keeping people honest doesn’t equal policing.
6/27/2012 8:25:24 AM

premium
Originally posted by JLLSU
youtube.com

I go there about 5 times a day and never have my fingers been posessed to type "Nickleback" in the search field.

45 million people have for this video:

6/27/2012 8:26:31 AM

JLLSU 238:1
45 million people have for this video:

And 44.5 million bad jokes were born.
6/27/2012 8:29:09 AM

kryptic
Originally posted by b3shine
China’s drinking age being 18 doesn’t matter, kryptic. They are much more of a "nanny"/policing state. Try getting caught with any other substances (like the drugs you mentioned). They also have harsher sentences for underage drinking. In San Francisco, people smoke pot on the street; in China, they’re sent to prison for smoking in their own home. And Big Brother watchs much more closely.

I made the China comment since you mentioned China.

Maybe you live in San Fransico and thus have a differnt opinion about this country being a nanny state. (but then again, you can’t own most guns in not only SF, but most of California, and forget about owning standarde magazine fed rifles)

But you are using extremes. In the VAST majority of America if a cop walks by your house and smells weed, they are going to come up to your door, then use the "I smell weed" as probable cause and arrest you, and if not that, they’ll get a warrant to seaarch it. I belevie Alaska is the only state that pased legislation banning police from such actions. And in any other place in America (with the exception of maybe Ann Arbor) if you are seen smoking pot on the streets, regardless of if you have a medical card or not, you get arrested. We have the highest prison population on the planet, almost all of which are in prison for non-violent crimes, many of them drug related. Tens of thousands of those for mere possession of marijuana.

Perhaps "big brother" watches more closely in China, but less so each year as we can see. Whereas here in America "big brother" seemingly expands its grasp each passing day with more monitoring, laws, restrictions, and new and expanding government branches.

Hell in my small city of about 250,000 they just passed another multi-million dollar measure (with no citizen input, obviously) to install more police cameras all over the city to "assist in police work".

This is getting a bit (or a lot) off topic though.

6/27/2012 8:49:16 AM

premium
b3shine 5191:261
Originally posted by kryptic
Originally posted by b3shine

I made the China comment since you mentioned China.

Maybe you live in San Fransico and thus have a differnt opinion about this country being a nanny state. (but then again, you can’t own most guns in not only SF, but most of California, and forget about owning standarde magazine fed rifles)

But you are using extremes. In the VAST majority of America if a cop walks by your house and smells weed, they are going to come up to your door, then use the "I smell weed" as probable cause and arrest you, and if not that, they’ll get a warrant to seaarch it. I belevie Alaska is the only state that pased legislation banning police from such actions. And in any other place in America (with the exception of maybe Ann Arbor) if you are seen smoking pot on the streets, regardless of if you have a medical card or not, you get arrested. We have the highest prison population on the planet, almost all of which are in prison for non-violent crimes, many of them drug related. Tens of thousands of those for mere possession of marijuana.

Perhaps "big brother" watches more closely in China, but less so each year as we can see. Whereas here in America "big brother" seemingly expands its grasp each passing day with more monitoring, laws, restrictions, and new and expanding government branches.

Hell in my small city of about 250,000 they just passed another multi-million dollar measure (with no citizen input, obviously) to install more police cameras all over the city to "assist in police work".

This is getting a bit (or a lot) off topic though.

I’m done with this. I just sent you a message. I’m not going to take up any more space on this thread, as we definitely are off topic. FYI, I’m getting my PhD in Criminal Justice, so I’m very well-versed in the topic. Not trying to push out my chest here; just letting you know that I study this for a living, and there are real differences between public perceptions and empirical realities.
6/27/2012 9:20:52 AM

ContemplateBeer 1507:109
At least nobody on this thread is asking someone to go "jump in a fire" over a beer argument. What a psycho.
6/27/2012 9:39:05 AM

SphinxTX 2876:41
I think it is time to rename the thread......
6/27/2012 9:52:06 AM

premium
Originally posted by Swalden28
I think it is time to rename the thread......

Joet troll thread #49281
6/27/2012 9:59:28 AM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback