RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Travel | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Darkness Day 2012 Travel Thread

read 1400 times • 18 replies • posted 8/26/2012 1:14:47 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

DalzAle 1944:13
Whoís coming in from out of state this year?
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
TwoSipDip 8894:413
iím hoping to, but nothing is set in stone yet.
8/26/2012 1:19:16 PM

Private message send the author a private message

Originally posted by mikem409
Should I? What day is it.

If you got some vacation time to burn, Iíd suggest making the trip. Thereís generally some special kegs around town that weekend and the event itself is always a good time.

Itís on 10/27 this year.
8/26/2012 1:23:39 PM

premium
arminjewell 5994:10
Iím there! BTW Greg, and word on if camping is going to be allowed this year?
8/26/2012 1:24:13 PM

tbadiuk 10:1
Iím driving up from Winnipeg,Manitoba,Canada. If anybody posting has been before, Iíd appreciate some info:

If I want to avoid the line-up craziness and just show up later to try some beers and hang-out, what is a good time to show up? Does it ever die down? Do they pour "good stuff" to the very end? I dont care about crazy -bal aged one-off beers, would just like to have some Darkness and hang out for a bit. Also, I hear that sometimes they still even sell bottles of Darkness near the end anyway.
8/26/2012 1:25:10 PM

Originally posted by arminjewell

Your guess is as good as mine on camping.
8/26/2012 1:31:38 PM

premium
StFun 567:11
8/26/2012 2:53:36 PM

premium
CLevar 376:10
Originally posted by arminjewell

Its going to be an epic day...
8/26/2012 3:23:39 PM

Originally posted by tbadiuk
Iím driving up from Winnipeg,Manitoba,Canada. If anybody posting has been before, Iíd appreciate some info:

If I want to avoid the line-up craziness and just show up later to try some beers and hang-out, what is a good time to show up? Does it ever die down? Do they pour "good stuff" to the very end? I dont care about crazy -bal aged one-off beers, would just like to have some Darkness and hang out for a bit. Also, I hear that sometimes they still even sell bottles of Darkness near the end anyway.

Have been there for each of the last four year and it keeps getting busier every year. If you werenít in line by about 7:30am on Saturday, you didnít get a wristband for Darkness (however you are correct that they did sell bottles later on for those who stuck around. Who knows if they will do that again though.)

Darkness was on all day in 2011, and they had random tappings schedule throughout the day.

If youíre coming from Winnipeg try to drag piscator34 along, I have some beer Iíd like to share with him!
8/26/2012 4:45:26 PM

GraniteSkunk 10
Depending on whatís going on, I will be there, along with at least one other person(Iíd be willing to bet that you can guess who, G)
8/26/2012 6:32:43 PM

Originally posted by GraniteSkunk
Depending on whatís going on, I will be there, along with at least one other person(Iíd be willing to bet that you can guess who, G)

Come on up north, perhaps we can get a tasting together. I have a few epic items Iíve been meaning to share with people.
8/26/2012 6:37:22 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Travel

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers