RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Deschutes Beers to Look Forward To

read 1169 times • 5 replies • posted 1/10/2008 11:22:49 PM

Thread Frozen

premium
glkaiser 1214:38
Found this on "the other site":

Well, the rumors seem to be somewhat mixed. We are releasing The Abyss on the 14th as reported. The Dissident is an Oud Bruin brewed with fresh, sour cherries and scheduled to be released in March, however, the beer seems to be on its own schedule and we will see about the actual release. We are scheduled to release a double Black Butte Porter with some "special" qualities, probably in June, to coincide with our 20th Anniversary.
I hope this helps.
Gary

The Double Black Butte Porter is likely the same as this highly rated beer from GABF:

http://www.ratebeer.com/Beer/deschutes-double-black/74573/

Iíll be looking forward to all 3 of these....
Private message Send the author a private message

alohaC 12:
I hope they bottle this yearís Mirror Mirror BW. It was heavenly on tap.
1/10/2008 11:26:58 PM

Private message send the author a private message

beastiefan2k 2274:176
Originally posted by glkaiser
- The Dissident; an Oud Bruin brewed with Sour Cherries scheduled to be released in March.

originally, this was supposed to come out in January, now "possibly" March. I would not be surprised if this did not come out till summer.
1/11/2008 12:08:13 AM

pbrick 13:4
I donít think it was supposed to be released in January, from what I heard. Abyss was a few weeks late though. This is the last I heard on the Flanders:

The wild yeast is fermenting on its own schedule so we do not have a definite date on its release but we are hoping for March.

So, think happy thoughts for all the yeast in Bend, Oregon.

Oh, and about other things to look forward to... it is their 20th Anniversary this year. Donít be surprised if they just go all out. Theyíve already put out Buzzsaw again, as well as their Bond Street Organic - and 2008 is only 10 days old!
1/11/2008 12:13:47 AM

beastiefan2k 2274:176
Originally posted by pb_rick
I donít think it was supposed to be released in January, from what I heard. Abyss was a few weeks late though. This is the last I heard on the Flanders:

The wild yeast is fermenting on its own schedule so we do not have a definite date on its release but we are hoping for March.

So, think happy thoughts for all the yeast in Bend, Oregon.

I think I remember their site saying the Dissident in January, when Abyss was supposed to be out in December but everything got pushed back. I even remember somebody asking on the boards about the Dissident a few months back.
1/11/2008 1:05:54 AM

pbrick 13:4
That could be - my brain misfires too often for me to be too sure about anything. Either way, looking forward to this coming out.
1/11/2008 1:22:49 AM

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search