Dividing Belgium by region

Reads 3209 • Replies 44 • Started Thursday, April 30, 2015 10:11:57 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

omhper
beers 40166 º places 332 º 11:24 Thu 4/30/2015

Originally posted by solidfunk
I’m not expert, but I would assume Belgium has a hell of a lot more breweries than many geographically large countries like India, China or Russia - generally not as well known for their beer.

Evenwhile this is irrelevant - none of these three are top candidates in my book for splitting, you are wrong in your assumption.

We lack information on RB on the majority of these breweries, currently we only list 177 Russian and 144 Chinese physical breweries, which is less (but not a hell of a lot less :) than the 242 Belgian we list.

However Wikipedia states that there was 561 operating breweries in Russia in 2011. Probably much more today.

I listed the number of active physical breweries per country recently in this thread: http://www.ratebeer.com/forums/year-end-count--of-breweries_269198.htm

sebletitje
beers 11868 º places 491 º 11:44 Thu 4/30/2015

I’d not vouch for Belgium to be split up, main reason being the over used amount of contracted beers.

Jow
beers 7335 º places 487 º 11:54 Thu 4/30/2015

I just like maps and then trying to fill them in with stats so any one added would be awesome. I’d like Belgium just because of importance and history in relation to beer but if to get that done we first need maps of Italy, France etc so be it the more the merrier. My second most wanted map would be Japan Prefectures since I like sake and there is so many to try and get to.

Travlr
beers 33865 º places 4578 º 12:04 Thu 4/30/2015

Originally posted by Jow
I just like maps and then trying to fill them in with stats so any one added would be awesome. I’d like Belgium just because of importance and history in relation to beer but if to get that done we first need maps of Italy, France etc so be it the more the merrier. My second most wanted map would be Japan Prefectures since I like sake and there is so many to try and get to.
+1

solidfunk
beers 20015 º places 1037 º 12:12 Thu 4/30/2015

Originally posted by omhper
I’m not expert, but I would assume Belgium has a hell of a lot more breweries than many geographically large countries like India, China or Russia - generally not as well known for their beer.

Evenwhile this is irrelevant - none of these three are top candidates in my book for splitting, you are wrong in your assumption.

We lack information on RB on the majority of these breweries, currently we only list 177 Russian and 144 Chinese physical breweries, which is less (but not a hell of a lot less :) than the 242 Belgian we list.

However Wikipedia states that there was 561 operating breweries in Russia in 2011. Probably much more today.

I listed the number of active physical breweries per country recently in this thread: http://www.ratebeer.com/forums/year-end-count--of-breweries_269198.htm

Alright, my mistake - I humbly bow before thee. Clearly Belgium has no place among the top beer countries, or among countries that the majority of ratebeerians tend to focus rating/ticking/drinking efforts on.

Regardless of the country, I think this would be a great feature. I’d love to see a lot of countries split, the more the merrier. Like Jow said, filling in maps is cool. But we have to start somewhere. That’s all.

omhper
beers 40166 º places 332 º 12:26 Thu 4/30/2015

Regardless of the country, I think this would be a great feature. I’d love to see a lot of countries split, the more the merrier. Like Jow said, filling in maps is cool. But we have to start somewhere. That’s all.

I disregard your sarcasm and chose to focus on the last part of your post, which I wholeheartedly agree with.

ganache
beers 6773 º places 282 º 12:36 Thu 4/30/2015

Alright, my mistake - I humbly bow before thee. Clearly Belgium has no place among the top beer countries, or among countries that the majority of ratebeerians tend to focus rating/ticking/drinking efforts on.

Don’t be an ass, he responded to you civilly and reasonably.

This idea has been discussed several times before, and it may eventually come into being, but it means additional work for people other than you for only modest benefit. Petulance and foot-stomping will not accomplish anything.

solidfunk
beers 20015 º places 1037 º 12:52 Thu 4/30/2015

Originally posted by omhper

I disregard your sarcasm.

My bad, omhper, I didn’t mean to side rail this discussion.

solidfunk
beers 20015 º places 1037 º 12:52 Thu 4/30/2015

Originally posted by EithCubes

Don’t be an ass, he responded to you civilly and reasonably.

omhper
beers 40166 º places 332 º 15:01 Thu 4/30/2015

My bad, omhper, I didn’t mean to side rail this discussion.