do you rate if you’ve ticked a beer already

Reads 1295 • Replies 25 • Started Saturday, June 25, 2016 9:37:36 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 04:15 Thu 6/30/2016

Originally posted by jredmond
I used to use the tick option as a means of tracking backlogged beers, but have found that untappd is way more convenient for this especially when wanting to include specific notes attached to your tick (as opposed to using a note on my phone)

+1

rouhlas
admin
beers 5623 º places 348 º 06:30 Thu 6/30/2016

Before start rating I was using ticks just to remember the beers I had in the past. Now that I rate I continue ticking the beers.. and I dont know why :D

BeardedAvenger
beers 7317 º places 596 º 13:55 Thu 6/30/2016

I’ve ticked a couple of hundred beers as I lost a spreadsheet with me beers on. However not rating them unless I drink one again.

after4ever
admin
beers 8025 º places 322 º 16:12 Thu 6/30/2016

Originally posted by GT
I used to use the tick option as a means of tracking backlogged beers, but have found that untappd is way more convenient for this especially when wanting to include specific notes attached to your tick (as opposed to using a note on my phone)

+1

+2

I would probably use RB Ticks more if it weren’t for Untappd.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 20:11 Mon 7/4/2016

Originally posted by after4ever
Originally posted by GT

+1

+2

I would probably use RB Ticks more if it weren’t for Untappd.

+3 as far as keeping track of backlogged ratings and beers in my cellar or on their way to me.
Untappd irritates me due to the lack of admin intervention. So amateurish and inaccurate. Can’t count on it when it comes to deciding what to drink; however, it’s a great way to easily tick beers and keep track of everything one’s tried. So, I get it. Why so many people use it.

I’m eventually going to go back and tick everything that I’ve rated on ratebeer. I entered several thousand ratings before the tick function was made available. Hopefully, one day ratebeer will add a more comprehensive way of viewing beers I’ve ticked on the site. At the very least, a place to go and see the total number of ticks I have. If that currently exists, someone please beermail me .