Does anyone know anything about Signature Brew?

Reads 329 • Replies 6 • Started Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:44:03 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

harrisoni
beers 25350 º places 68 º 12:44 Thu 6/20/2013

http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/signature-brew/15701/

Somehow I’ve ended up being the top rater of a brewery I know nothing, and I mean absolutely, nothing about.

Apart from the beers being available at Sourced Market in St Pancras does anyone know anything about them?

The brewery address is in Hackney but is there a brewery there?

Any help, mostly appreciated.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 12:52 Thu 6/20/2013

No, there’s no brewery there as far as I know. The beers are made "in collaboration" with various musical artists (most of whom I’ve never heard of) and, I believe, brewed at various locations. They do claim to have a brewer on the staff, who designs the beers after a tasting session with the band/artist concerned and goes to the production venue/s to take some part in the brewing. I’m pretty sure that the Rifles one disclosed the brewing location as Titanic but I don’t know about the others as I’ve not seen the bottles. Clearly someone has got some gen that at least one was brewed at Brentwood. It may be that the other two listed at Titanic were put there simply because there was one already listed there.

maeib
beers 8749 º places 12 º 13:00 Thu 6/20/2013

Quaffale says brewed at Titanic but we wouldn’t know where Rick got his gen.

harrisoni
beers 25350 º places 68 º 13:11 Thu 6/20/2013

Thanks Chris and Mark, if you guys know as much as me then I don’t feel so bad. I might contact them and try to find something out about how and where they brew. I just feel a bit embarrassed that I’ve drunk their beers and can’t get a handle on them. Styles seem rather eclectic too. A bit like getting one of those CDs from the front of Q magazine in the 90s, a bit of everything, some work, some don’t

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 13:23 Thu 6/20/2013

Anyone have any bottles that they could scrutinise for brewery info?

The eclecticism of the styles is not surprising since the way they (supposedly) operate is to ply the band concerned with a range of beers in different styles to see what they like and then seek to make something that fits in with that.

harrisoni
beers 25350 º places 68 º 13:30 Thu 6/20/2013

Well the Frank Turner I am drinking clearly says "Brewed by Titanic Brewery" and their address in Burslem in Stoke.

MagicDave6
beers 1 º places 1 º 14:20 Thu 6/20/2013

Its 2 or 3 fellows who brew at Titanic, one of them worked in Clerkenwell for a short time and I feel shit saying this but I cant recall his name, I think it is Tom. His dad is head brewer at Titanic, hence why they brew there.