RateBeer

Dogfish Head Golden Shower 750ml

read 2697 times • 41 replies •

Thread Frozen

beastiefan2k
beers 2861 º places 193 º 14:25 Sat 11/17/2012

Originally posted by keanex
Yeah well the rest of Rateber gives most of DFHs stuff good reviews, so really its just the jaded vocal minority, so hes not spot on.

does the rest of RB give old ass pilsners good reviews?

boogychillin
beers 7 º places 1 º 15:13 Sat 11/17/2012

Originally posted by keanex
Yeah well the rest of Rateber gives most of DFHs stuff good reviews, so really its just the jaded vocal minority, so hes not spot on.

I would say that there are plenty of people who think their beers are less than stellar. For a brewery that has been around a LONG time, I dont see any of their beers highly demanded. Instead their model seems to be throwing a bunch of strange ingredients together and hope it turns out to be something good or try to latch onto musical acts as a way to pimp your next beer.

keanex
beers 1629 º places 63 º 16:03 Sat 11/17/2012

Im not going to argue taste because its stupid as fuck, but the ratings for all of DFH beer are better than average, theyre doing something right that a lot of breweries arent. Also you dont see any of their beers being high in demand? 120 Minute, regardless of what you want to say about it, is highly sought after by many in distribution areas and even more highly sought after by those not in it. People still go nuts for Bitches Brew and their seasonals sell very quickly.

This whole anti-DFH sentiments that beer nerds pat themselves on the back about is ridiculously stupid. DFH makes quality beers, sells them at a reasonable price, and has a great figure head who is nothing but a cool down to earth guy.

Quasimodo
beers 217 º 16:18 Sat 11/17/2012

DFH makes some good beers. They also make some crappy beers. However, DFH has become far too common and as a result, less special for the cellar peeps. Ironically, most of their boozy beers taste a lot better with age.

Quasimodo
beers 217 º 16:33 Sat 11/17/2012

Do you really want to drink the same brand of beer as the Ed Hardy shirt wearing crowd? I personally dont care, but some people do.

JAXSON
beers 535 º places 4 º 16:51 Sat 11/17/2012

Im fairly interested in obtaining some of their rarer stuff -- Festina Lente, certain vintages of WWS, certain old 750ml bottles. They are big on gimmicks but they do some good things in their regular lineup, most notably Festina Peche which is an amazing late summer beer.

nflmvp
beers 13 º places 33 º 16:57 Sat 11/17/2012

Originally posted by TheBeerSommelier
Originally posted by GT2
I know 1 or 2 people on here that trade for DFH rarities, but probably just collectors/big fans of the brewery. Youll find the rest of ratebeer to not care about DFH anymore and their gimmicky special releases and subpar core series.

Id say the original 750s (120, Olde School, DExtra) and first few years of WWS are still pretty collectible. Partly because of their rarity, but mostly because theyre still awesome tasting.

Ill take two bottles of 2001 DFH Worldwide Stout if anyone wants to dump their vintage DFH stash.

sloth
premium
beers 2646 º places 64 º 17:03 Sat 11/17/2012

Liquor de Malt rocked!

TheBeerSommelier
premium
17:13 Sat 11/17/2012

Originally posted by nflmvp
Originally posted by TheBeerSommelier
Originally posted by GT2
I know 1 or 2 people on here that trade for DFH rarities, but probably just collectors/big fans of the brewery. Youll find the rest of ratebeer to not care about DFH anymore and their gimmicky special releases and subpar core series.

Id say the original 750s (120, Olde School, DExtra) and first few years of WWS are still pretty collectible. Partly because of their rarity, but mostly because theyre still awesome tasting.

Ill take two bottles of 2001 DFH Worldwide Stout if anyone wants to dump their vintage DFH stash.

Youll be the first to know, buddy.

HogTownHarry
premium
beers 6267 º places 28 º 17:36 Sat 11/17/2012

Why do you sad little WLBs do this? Do we care - no. You hate DFH (and Bells, and Russian River, and the Little Baby Jesus - frankly, I dont give a fuck what you sad fucks think).