RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Dogfish Head Golden Shower 750ml

read 2481 times • 41 replies • posted 11/17/2012 9:25:45 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

CharmCityCrab 149:
Not that itís in my price range anyway, but I think Iíd hesitate to buy a beer called "Golden Shower". Beer looks enough like urine without having a name thatís an intentional play on urine. Honestly, I sometimes donít know what these brewers are thinking. Of course this is the same brewery that openly spits in one of their beers to simulate the practices of ancient South Americans or something (Seriously, read it in the Washington Post online).

Thereís such a thing as being a little *too* cute in your beer names or *too* authentic in reproducing ancient receipes. I donít want a beer name that reminds of urine, drool (Moose Drool), or vomit or anything of that nature, thanks. :) And I donít want a beer with spit or anything of that nature in it. :)

Thatís just my opinion, though. Obviously some people go for this stuff or they wouldnít brew it.

Also not a general knock on Dogfish Head. Their IPAs are great.
11/17/2012 5:41:49 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
radarsock 885:48
Originally posted by CharmCityCrab
Not that itís in my price range anyway, but I think Iíd hesitate to buy a beer called "Golden Shower". Beer looks enough like urine without having a name thatís an intentional play on urine. Honestly, I sometimes donít know what these brewers are thinking. Of course this is the same brewery that openly spits in one of their beers to simulate the practices of ancient South Americans or something (Seriously, read it in the Washington Post online).

Thereís such a thing as being a little *too* cute in your beer names or *too* authentic in reproducing ancient receipes. I donít want a beer name that reminds of urine, drool (Moose Drool), or vomit or anything of that nature, thanks. :)
11/17/2012 5:45:32 PM

Quasimodo 217:
Straight talk from a feisty geezer hits HARD!!!
11/17/2012 5:45:33 PM

Quasimodo 217:
I also avoid beers or breweries with questionable names for as long as I can. Eventually, I reluctantly buy them, but they get dinged -0.5 for their dumb nomenclature.
11/17/2012 5:56:33 PM

premium
sloth 2452:46
11/17/2012 6:45:58 PM

premium
DocLock 7729:145
I recall Golden Shower being pretty good fresh. I never got to age a bottle, because someone in one of the liquor enforcement agencies got his panties in a bunch (gender pronoun intended). Itís a shame, because I was really looking forward to seeing what Sam Calagione could do with Tossed Salad Italian Ale, Rusty Trombone red ale, and Double Penetration Cream Ale, and Get Over Here and Blow Me Blonde Ale.
11/17/2012 11:31:24 PM

premium
GT2 8269:567
Originally posted by keanex
Iím not going to argue taste because itís stupid as fuck, but the ratings for all of DFH beer are better than average, theyíre doing something right that a lot of breweries arenít. Also you donít see any of their beers being high in demand? 120 Minute, regardless of what you want to say about it, is highly sought after by many in distribution areas and even more highly sought after by those not in it. People still go nuts for Bitches Brew and their seasonals sell very quickly.

This whole anti-DFH sentiments that beer nerds pat themselves on the back about is ridiculously stupid. DFH makes quality beers, sells them at a reasonable price, and has a great figure head who is nothing but a cool down to earth guy.

Yes all knowing one. Put up a for trade post with some Dogfish Head beers and check your inbox. Youíll find nothing. He was asking about trade value. In the trading game you can get nothing for it.
11/17/2012 11:42:06 PM

premium
UDBeernut 1611:110
Perfect example for my opinion on DFH: saw a 12 oz bottles of 2012 WWS on sale for $12 last month I really want to try but i am not spending $1/oz for beer from a brewery that I feel has more hype than substance.

I bought Speedway Stout for a $1 more yesterday.
11/18/2012 4:33:49 AM

premium
keanex 1390:52
Originally posted by UDBeernut
Perfect example for my opinion on DFH: saw a 12 oz bottles of 2012 WWS on sale for $12 last month I really want to try but i am not spending $1/oz for beer from a brewery that I feel has more hype than substance.

I bought Speedway Stout for a $1 more yesterday.
WWS has little to no hype, which is a shame because I think itís far better than 120 Minute when aged. It ages like a fine port wine.
11/18/2012 6:03:31 AM

lithy 2996:156
Festina Lente is a beer I would still drink again. Recently, Noble Rot is the only Dogfish beer that has impressed me.
11/18/2012 6:45:03 AM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers