RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

dogfish head golden shower 750ml

read 2502 times • 41 replies • posted 11/17/2012 9:25:45 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

premium
FL_homer 1:1
I scroll past their off the shelf stuff these days. But, fresh 90 Minute at the brewery was incredible. It was nothing at all like it is from the bottle.

I give them a lot of credit for being innovative. I think some of the things theyíve done are really cool like harvesting wild yeast from a hillside in Italy, or analyzing ancient beer vessels and basing new beers on their findings.

Palo Santo Marron is actually pretty good, and those wooden tanks are pretty impressive.
11/18/2012 8:04:59 AM

Private message send the author a private message

LtDan 1784:65
As far as their high ratings go, Iíll be the first to admit folks new to craft beer and or rating jump into Dogfish Head at the beginning of their journey, and typically rate everything higher during that period. I gave 120 minute damn near a 5 when I had less than 200 rates on here.

Palo Santo Marron, now thatís a world class beer.
11/18/2012 4:29:15 PM

premium
Drake 8503:476
Originally posted by keanex
This whole anti-DFH sentiments that beer nerds pat themselves on the back about is ridiculously stupid. DFH makes quality beers, sells them at a ridiculous price, and has a great figure head who is nothing but a cool down to earth guy.

FIFY

Sure, theyíre full of hype which they have sought out, but I do admire the fact they are willing to take risks. Some of them work, and some of them donít (Black & Red... dreck).

The prices in their Alehouses are insane. I paid for a 7 ounce pour, drove down the road and paid a dollar less for a 64 ounce pour.
11/18/2012 5:24:58 PM

premium
keanex 1435:52
Their alehouses are franchised out, the prices are set by the owners from my understanding. The prices at the actual brewpub are standard.
11/18/2012 5:54:13 PM

premium
brokensail 10838:827
Originally posted by DocLock
I recall Golden Shower being pretty good fresh. I never got to age a bottle, because someone in one of the liquor enforcement agencies got his panties in a bunch (gender pronoun intended). Itís a shame, because I was really looking forward to seeing what Sam Calagione could do with Tossed Salad Italian Ale, Rusty Trombone red ale, and Double Penetration Cream Ale, and Get Over Here and Blow Me Blonde Ale.

/thread

11/19/2012 12:27:54 AM

premium
BlowOffTube 461:2
I didnít know WWS was released in 2012...
12/3/2012 2:54:17 PM

mtoast 336:13
Didnít Golden Shower/Era evolve into My Antonia? Not quite aliases, but arenít they similar?
12/3/2012 3:23:07 PM

beachbum25 1085:69
They are similar, but I thought My Antonia had a little better flavor, drank a little better. I may not be the best judge of this however as Imperial Pils are not one of my favorite styles.
12/3/2012 5:35:11 PM

premium
b3shine 5355:263
I was gonna buy a bottle awhile back, but then I decided, piss on it.
12/3/2012 5:40:45 PM

premium
DocLock 7832:145
I think Antonia was Sam Calagioneís first girlfriend, who snubbed him when he asked her if she would pee on him in the shower. The rest is history.
12/3/2012 7:40:56 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers