RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Travel | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

drowland and cbfobes invade Ireland - 2014!

read 5747 times • 86 replies • posted 1/17/2013 7:55:51 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

premium
cbfobes 2155:26
Originally posted by garthicus
If Iím still in the country I am more than happy to meet ANY ratebeerian! I work in Dublin City Centre and would love to meet up :-)

Awesome! I have a co-worker that just moved to the states a year ago who was born and raised in Cork but I believe he lived in Dublin for for most of his adult life. Heís putting together a list of places to hit up.
1/18/2013 12:41:04 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
garthicus 2594:61
Iím Irish, born and raised, moved to Australia when I was 20, Paris at 23, Dubai at 24, back to Ireland, then Canada for the past 5 years and now back in Ireland!
1/18/2013 1:08:26 PM

ACD 575:29
I'm currently one of the few RBs over here in Ireland - plenty of interesting stuff popping up here and there beer-wise, and (hopefully!) the decent beer revolution should properly be kicking off in the June of '14! Although MolsonCoors have just bought one of our biggest brewpubs...so who knows what'll happen next! Not sure if I'll still be living in Dublin next year, but if I am then I'll meet you folks for a beer or ten for sure!

---Posted via Beer Buddy for iPhone
1/18/2013 1:58:15 PM

triskaideka 103:2
Hi - I live in the south west - specifically Killarney in Kerry. Ring of Kerry has great scenery. Dingle peninsula is worth seeing. Can also recommend west Cork. Clare - Burren / Cliffs of Moher have been mentioned and are worth seeing. Also Galway/Mayo and the west generally.

Weíre a bit short of craft beers here in Ireland - Porterhouse(s) in Dublin are about as far as it goes as far as brew pubs go - but some places try ... we have a place here in Killarney that keeps some non-multinational beers(bottles).

Travelling around - your best bet is car Iím afraid - though the rail network is ok.
1/18/2013 3:09:29 PM

premium
douglas88 5565:192
na h…ireannaigh are coming out in bunches!
1/18/2013 3:16:27 PM

premium
drowland 5961:172
This is great! Thanks for popping up, Ireland RBians!
1/18/2013 6:45:34 PM

premium
cbfobes 2155:26
Originally posted by drowland

We should consider splitting shipping cost and send a big ole box of Wisconsin and Florida brews to one of these gents before we leave and put together a nice tasting!
1/18/2013 7:05:12 PM

premium
drowland 5961:172
Originally posted by cbfobes
Originally posted by drowland

We should consider splitting shipping cost and send a big ole box of Wisconsin and Florida brews to one of these gents before we leave and put together a nice tasting!

Truth!

However, we can probably just wrap up brews in our suitcases for cheaper/same. Thereís just that whole worry about them busting and messing up our luggage!
1/18/2013 10:09:16 PM

premium
boto 1808:53
My wife and I have been on tours to many different parts of the country. We enjoyed everywhere we went. Have a great time!
1/19/2013 6:07:09 AM

premium
garthicus 2594:61
Yeah just put them in individual grocery bags or zip lock bags, wrap them in clothes and pop them into your suitcases ! Iíve done it a gazillion times.
1/19/2013 4:00:23 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Travel

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers