RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Food and Beer | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Duvel goes with pesto

read 1861 times • 28 replies • posted 6/20/2013 10:45:50 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3

graziano85 316:14

The link I posted is the site that was developed specifically for the US market and is maintained by the Consorzio, it is their official site for the American market. If you go to the site I linked, and look in the lower left quadrant, you will see this:

© 2012Ė2013 Consorzio del Formaggio ParmigianoĖReggiano

It is an embedded link to the their original site, so both sites in all actuality are official sites of the Consorzio del Formaggio ParmigianoĖReggiano. Different markets have require different marketing strategies, that is quite simply why they created a site specifically targeting the American market.

I saw it, thanks
I learnt something today :))
6/23/2013 6:38:34 AM

Private message send the author a private message

CheesedMan 555:12
Originally posted by graziano85
Another thing: "Pecorino" is a generic word, in fact there is Pecorino Romano, Pecorino Toscano, Pecorino Sardo, Pecorino di Filiano, Pecorino Siciliano (these five are the DOP, "protected designation of origin"), and many others.
"Fiore Sardo", if I remember correctly it is a kind of Pecorino Sardo, and it depends from the taste of everyone, but usually every Pecorino is "allowed" in the original recipe of pesto.

Than everyone is free to do what he wants, obviously

Bon appetit :D

Actually, Firoe Sardo is one of the 3 DOP protected Peccorino cheeses from Sardinia, and is not simply another Pecorino Sardo, and is in fact, a very different cheese.
6/23/2013 6:40:57 AM

CheesedMan 555:12
By the way, I love cheese. That is all.
6/23/2013 6:42:56 AM

/>Actually, Firoe Sardo is one of the 3 DOP protected Peccorino cheeses from Sardinia, and is not simply another Pecorino Sardo, and is in fact, a very different cheese.

Yes, right, I expressed not well, sorry...I meant itís of the same family of sheep cheeses, and itís also a DOP, and that sometimes they write it as an option for the recipe of pesto.

PS: I checked now, for curiosity, and the english page of wikipedia is wrong :) but not the italian page ahah, thatís right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pecorino_Sardo

Bye!
6/23/2013 6:48:18 AM

pinkie 470:10
Originally posted by CheesedMan
By the way, I love cheese. That is all.

So now we know! That must be how you got your username. =) I agree that the real pecorino cheese is the best. If you check the label on the store cheese in the plastic container you will find that sometimes is mostly fat solids and salt.

If you buy the real parmesan cheese you can keep it a good long time in the fridge by wrapping it in wax paper and then foil. Put it right in the crisper or way to the back of the fridge in a corner. Change that paper every time you notice moisture and then when you get to the rind . . . donít throw that out! You put it into sauce or soup or even melt it on crackers.
6/23/2013 6:48:35 AM

By the way, today is very hot, and I think Iím going to drink a Hoegaarden, which is in the fridge, and not a Duvel ahah
6/23/2013 6:52:41 AM

premium
drowland 6082:172
The problem with checking labels is that many stores in my experience (and I donít shop the best, surely) break the wheels, etc. into small chunks and provide their own label. I sometimes have hardly a clue what Iím buying.

However, I canít say I buy specialty cheese all that much, honestly, just the stuff I know I like from where I work.
6/23/2013 7:23:11 AM

premium
drowland 6082:172
Originally posted by drowland
The problem with checking labels is that many stores in my experience (and I donít shop the best, surely) break the wheels, etc. into small chunks and provide their own label. I sometimes have hardly a clue what Iím buying.

However, I canít say I buy specialty cheese all that much, honestly, just the stuff I know I like from where I work.

Checked our store and the rind and tag both indicate that is legit - even the spelling with the g!
6/23/2013 10:50:29 AM

Home > Forums > Food and Beer

Page 1 | 2 | 3

Food, Beer Recipes

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback