RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Pittsburgh | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

East End Gratitude News - Vintage Bottles for Sale

read 840 times • 11 replies • posted 2/8/2012 1:42:51 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

PGHbeer77 571:22
Pretty interesting update from East End on the status of this yearís Gratitude. No release date yet, but there is a mention of selling off vintage bottles. Sounds like a particularly fun year to go down to the release event. Iíll be there.

http://eastendbrewing.com/gratitude2011
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
Beerman6686 4170:146
Originally posted by stoneagerad
Pretty interesting update from East End on the status of this yearís Gratitude. No release date yet, but there is a mention of selling off vintage bottles. Sounds like a particularly fun year to go down to the release event. Iíll be there.

http://eastendbrewing.com/gratitude2011

Iím sure James will be sure to be in attendance too
2/8/2012 1:51:17 PM

Private message send the author a private message

HornyDevil
With bells on. ;)
2/8/2012 1:52:56 PM

HornyDevil
Upon reading that link, it actually sounds like theyíll be doing this fairly. No ridiculous stacked verticals and some type of auction or something. Couple that with the fact that itíll probably be at their new digs and Iíd be up for a Pittsburgh RB gathering at this thing. Whenever it is. Always looking to give Scott a chance to redeem himself. Heís a nice guy and a good brewer, just couldnít stand some of his business practices.
2/8/2012 2:01:19 PM

premium
Originally posted by HornyDevil
Upon reading that link, it actually sounds like theyíll be doing this fairly. No ridiculous stacked verticals and some type of auction or something. Couple that with the fact that itíll probably be at their new digs and Iíd be up for a Pittsburgh RB gathering at this thing. Whenever it is. Always looking to give Scott a chance to redeem himself. Heís a nice guy and a good brewer, just couldnít stand some of his business practices.

I would be down for that. For all of the releases heís done, I donít think iíve ever had any conversation with anyone there not from BA. Never see any RB people there unfortunately.
2/9/2012 10:37:51 AM

PGHbeer77 571:22
Iím new to RB as well as East End releases, so this will be one of my first. But Iíll be up for meeting some of you folks and tasting some beers.

James (Horny Devil, I presume): Iím a fan of East Endís beers, but Iíve heard a ton of talk concerning Scott and the machinations of the business. Iím curious to meet him in person.
2/9/2012 3:51:29 PM

estover 52:3
I would be down for a meetup!
2/9/2012 5:16:39 PM

HornyDevil
Originally posted by stoneagerad
James (Horny Devil, I presume): Iím a fan of East Endís beers, but Iíve heard a ton of talk concerning Scott and the machinations of the business. Iím curious to meet him in person.

Heís a soft spoken, pretty humble guy. Loves beer. Drinking it, brewing it, talking about it. He, like a lot of other craft brewers, is simply a beer geek who happens to own and operate a craft brewery. He does a lot for the local community and local charities. Hard not to like a guy like that.

I drink his beer when Iím out (mostly at Piperís), but I havenít bothered with any of his overpriced swingtop releases or with Gratitude for a couple years. This event, if it is carried off as detailed, might change my tune.

Either way, Iíd be happy to meet up with you guys whether I buy beer there or not.
2/10/2012 6:24:12 AM

pjk33 389:6
Iíd love to hear when this goes down... Scott has always been great to me when I ask him nerdy brewing questions and I love most of his beers, however political he sometimes gets. I hope someone starts a new thread when all dates are set...
2/26/2012 8:18:50 PM

premium
hannont 2:7
Has anybody heard if/when this is going to happen? The website appears to have last been updated three months ago. Just wondering.
7/30/2012 11:06:48 AM

premium
Originally posted by hannont
Has anybody heard if/when this is going to happen? The website appears to have last been updated three months ago. Just wondering.

The most recent post about the Gratitude not carbonating and it being a while before release was only a few weeks ago, so probably not AT LEAST until the new brewery is completely open, probably even longer.
7/30/2012 12:13:20 PM

Home > Forums > Pittsburgh

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers