RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Food and Beer | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

easy salmon recipe...

read 2449 times • 24 replies • posted 5/11/2012 5:39:21 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3

premium
reggiedunlop 3217:155
Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
Originally posted by watson1977
Originally posted by Cobra
Originally posted by Tibeerious
I would never ever reuse marinade in that manner. I will add it to a sauce or something that is going to get heated to near boiling or beyond, but seriously, you are just asking to get sick if you reuse something that meat has been sitting in for a couple of days

+1. You know nothing about food safety. Remind me to never eat at your place, moran.

So dont reuse it. I dont really care. It is a tasty recipe and ive reused it a number of times with no problems as have the couple who gave the recipe to me...and theyve been doing it for 10 years or more. And if you plan on chiming in to insult someone...at least spell moron correctly you fucking horses ass.

Chill out, clearly if moran gets you upset, you suck at the intewebz. BTW, donít and theyíre are the correct spellings. MORAN

That being said, they are correct about re-using the marinade.

Im not worked up over it. I just think its stupid to jump on a thread and go out of your way to call someone a moron, moran (whtever the hell that is) or any other name. Its a sign of a weak and gutless individual and serves only to add negativity to an otherwise positive site. Its a salmon recipe...disagree/dislike and move on. Saying that someone who eats something that you wouldnít is a moron (or moran) is about the silliest thing ive ever heard.
5/12/2012 6:06:13 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Tibeerious 1
Donít mind cobar, but do listen when people say that you have just been lucky if you reuse marinade. Probably killing most of the bad bugs when you cook it, and it the salt and sugar inhibit the growth so that toxins havenít built up yet. But, you have been lucky.

Having said that itís not a bad marinade, 24-36 hours seems like too long for fish, but if it tastes OK fine. I would probably add some balsamic vinegar or other acid(lime juice) and maybe some dry sherry, but maple, and frankly to me soy is a bit strong for salmon, but that is just a personal thing and I have cut my sodium intake to such an extent that a lot of things that taste good to some people taste too salty to me
5/12/2012 10:47:15 AM

steview 1029:20
Thereís this Two Fat Ladies episode that I saw this weekend. It involved placing sliced blood oranges in a pan, slapping a fillet of salmon over it, throwing some more of those slices over, grating some nutmeg over it, and then finally pouring red wine in it. Throw it on the stove to simmer, cover with foil. Just check until itís done.

What beer could replace the wine?
5/13/2012 6:11:22 PM

premium
reggiedunlop 3217:155
Originally posted by steview
Thereís this Two Fat Ladies episode that I saw this weekend. It involved placing sliced blood oranges in a pan, slapping a fillet of salmon over it, throwing some more of those slices over, grating some nutmeg over it, and then finally pouring red wine in it. Throw it on the stove to simmer, cover with foil. Just check until itís done.

Supplication! Or mort subite kriek...im only saying that cause im drinking it now.
5/13/2012 6:14:19 PM

CheesedMan 555:12

Supplication! Or mort subite kriek...im only saying that cause im drinking it now.

Rodenbach would rock it as well.
5/13/2012 6:15:13 PM

premium
Tibeerious 1

awesome in its simplicity.

I wonder if salmon simmered in lindemans raspberry lambic and some spices wouldnwork
5/13/2012 6:42:57 PM

ryan 3186:13
Donít mind cobar, but do listen when people say that you have just been lucky if you reuse marinade. Probably killing most of the bad bugs when you cook it, and it the salt and sugar inhibit the growth so that toxins havenít built up yet. But, you have been lucky.

Having said that itís not a bad marinade, 24-36 hours seems like too long for fish, but if it tastes OK fine. I would probably add some balsamic vinegar or other acid(lime juice) and maybe some dry sherry, but maple, and frankly to me soy is a bit strong for salmon, but that is just a personal thing and I have cut my sodium intake to such an extent that a lot of things that taste good to some people taste too salty to me

If youíre going to add acid, be careful not overdo it, unless you were planning on making ceviche.

5/13/2012 6:55:51 PM

awesome in its simplicity.

I wonder if salmon simmered in lindemans raspberry lambic and some spices wouldnwork

Doubtful, way too sweet.
5/13/2012 7:42:31 PM

Originally posted by ryan

If youíre going to add acid, be careful not overdo it, unless you were planning on making ceviche.

I actually prefer using citrus zest in my marinades for fish instead of the juice/liquid for just this reason.
5/13/2012 7:43:29 PM

premium
Tibeerious 1
Originally posted by ryan

Good point....however now that you mention it I want to make this for dinner:
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/18209/salmon+and+avocado+ceviche
5/14/2012 4:27:42 AM

Home > Forums > Food and Beer

Page 1 | 2 | 3

Food, Beer Recipes

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer