Return of the Fanø Summer Slumber party

Reads 28125 • Replies 180 • Started Wednesday, February 1, 2012 9:48:06 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

FrumptyDumpty
09:48 Wed 2/1/2012

So it is a new year and we are wanting to once again have everyone to the island for a nice tasting and day of relaxing on lovely fanø!!

The dates have not been nailed down just yet but I would like to aim for early August to be around my birthday .

Something fun I would like to do this year is the people who come will all work with me and we will make a beer. We will vote on style and then vote on ingredients and all that jazz. It will be a beer brewed by consensus! The voting will only be for those attending though. With this idea we could either brew the beer day after the tasting or I can brew it before hand we can drink it at the tasting.

Well that is the loose idea as of now! Who all is interested in fatty American food and good beer come August?

Papsoe
beers 25039 º places 4 º 09:50 Wed 2/1/2012

Great idea Ryan. I’m all in!

I vote for a Quad with Sorachi Ace....

FrumptyDumpty
09:58 Wed 2/1/2012

Originally posted by Papsoe

Sorry you voted before voting was open which means all suggestions from you are null and void.

FrumptyDumpty
10:04 Wed 2/1/2012

Ok I have made a event listing here http://www.ratebeer.com/event/16581/fano-summer-slumber-party/ . We have BEDS for 6 and couches for another 3 - 4 people plus tons of extra room for sleeping bags so do not worry about sleeping space.

The way the voting will work is this. Sign up for the event and once you have done so we will start with voting the beer style of the beer to be brewed. Say what you want in here. Once a week or so goes by or when I feel enough time has passed I will post all the styles suggested and then people vote for their fav (I know most people will vote for their own but really there has to be 1 fav) In case of a tie I let Mahalia pick. From their we move to malts, followed by hops , yeast, other. All stuff outside of style can have more than 1 so do not worry if yours was not picked #1 as it could still be in the beer! If you don’t want to suggest a new ingredient/style then just wait till official voting and speak up then. Hopefully this will not be a total cluster fuck!!!

Dopeness!

Nightfall
beers 1313 º places 45 º 11:53 Wed 2/1/2012

Sounds like a great idea, would love to come and looks very doable. Hope to meet many old and make new friends.
As for the style I was thinking of an oaked chocolate orange stout, but that’s not very summer-ish as a saison with lemon peel, spices and safran would be. (I totally cheated, choose any )

FrumptyDumpty
12:26 Wed 2/1/2012

Originally posted by Nightfall
Sounds like a great idea, would love to come and looks very doable. Hope to meet many old and make new friends.
As for the style I was thinking of an oaked chocolate orange stout, but that’s not very summer-ish as a saison with lemon peel, spices and safran would be. (I totally cheated, choose any )

First lets pick a style then we can go about saying all the crazy shit we want in it.

Nightfall
beers 1313 º places 45 º 12:38 Wed 2/1/2012

Saison then :)

Jeppe
beers 2634 º places 84 º 12:39 Wed 2/1/2012

remember, people that helped developing the beer cant rate it

FrumptyDumpty
12:44 Wed 2/1/2012

Originally posted by Jeppe
remember, people that helped developing the beer cant rate it

Why no skype?

MPA
beers 1429 º places 6 º 13:46 Wed 2/1/2012

Originally posted by FrumptyDumpty
Originally posted by Papsoe

Sorry you voted before voting was open which means all suggestions from you are null and void.

I’ll second that!