Editing review without "Re-Rate This"?

Reads 833 • Replies 15 • Started Monday, September 12, 2016 4:54:12 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

bartlebier
beers 4526 º places 177 º 16:54 Mon 9/12/2016

I often hammer in a review in a spell, only to find that it contains at least 3 spelling or spacing errors as soon as it comes out published on the other end 2 mins later.

Is there another way to correct these mild typoes other than by clicking "Re-rate This"?

Just asking because I assume about half my reviews now contain a "Review updated on" and I wouldn’t want to appear a serial revisionist rater...

Originally posted by bartlebier
I often hammer in a review in a spell, only to find that it contains at least 3 spelling or spacing errors as soon as it comes out published on the other end 2 mins later.

Is there another way to correct these mild typoes other than by clicking "Re-rate This"?

Just asking because I assume about half my reviews now contain a "Review updated on" and I wouldn’t want to appear a serial revisionist rater...
What’s wrong with being a serial revisionist?

Sledutah
beers 11270 º places 952 º 17:09 Mon 9/12/2016

If you rerate the same day it doesn’t say it was updated.

SinH4
beers 15466 º places 416 º 17:30 Mon 9/12/2016

Originally posted by Sledutah

which doesn’t always work depending on timeshift. But for bartlebier’s timezone, the shift is on 9am. Who rates beers at 9am? :P

(and I’ve made the experience that for miraculous reasons, even then it doesn’t always work)

I have tons of rerates for this and other reasons which were not that I drank the beer twice.

bartlebier
beers 4526 º places 177 º 17:35 Mon 9/12/2016

Originally posted by ContemplateBeer

It makes me appear either fickle, flip-flopping and wobbly-spined or an alcoholic with a big enough liver to revisit all of these beers. Whereas I am just a compulsive proofreader striving to be a stylist of English beer diary prose.

It makes me appear either fickle, flip-flopping and wobbly-spined or an alcoholic with a big enough liver to revisit all of these beers. Whereas I am just a compulsive proofreader striving to be a stylist of English beer diary prose.
I see. Personally, I feel that my opinions have changed quite a bit on what I like/dislike. Whenever reasonably possible, I try to re-rate in order to reflect my most current mindset. An impossible task (to re-rate everything) but one I’d encourage more of to anyone.

andrewje41
beers 7597 º places 142 º 20:40 Mon 9/12/2016

I enjoy reading typo-infused rates. Especially rates with a "hippy" aroma or bottle "pouts"

Travlr
beers 33886 º places 4582 º 20:45 Mon 9/12/2016

Originally posted by SinH4

Who rates beers at 9am? :P

Me! Do you object?

Travlr
beers 33886 º places 4582 º 20:45 Mon 9/12/2016

you could always just mention the date in your review

andrewje41
beers 7597 º places 142 º 20:56 Mon 9/12/2016

Originally posted by Travlr
Originally posted by SinH4

Who rates beers at 9am? :P

Me! Do you object?

I think I’ve recorded a rate in every hour but 4 am and 5 am

bartlebier
beers 4526 º places 177 º 05:42 Tue 9/13/2016

I see. Personally, I feel that my opinions have changed quite a bit on what I like/dislike. Whenever reasonably possible, I try to re-rate in order to reflect my most current mindset. An impossible task (to re-rate everything) but one I’d encourage more of to anyone.

I do rerate, and when I do I mention the date of the 2nd/3rd sampling to record my chaning palate and/or the changing beer. I re-edit much more often and don’t assume it is interesting information for other RBians how my language sensitivities have developed over time...