Edmontons new craft beer headquarters

Reads 2773 • Replies 44 • Started Friday, March 23, 2012 11:58:31 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Savvy1982
beers 1706 º places 70 º 09:19 Thu 6/7/2012

Originally posted by DuffMan
Savvy sent me a bottle of that-- freaking awesome stuff!!! Worth $18 IMO for sure.

Yep. You’re gonna love that beer!

Torontoblue
beers 104 º places 44 º 10:59 Thu 6/7/2012

It’s even better with a year or so of ageing.

gramity
beers 1829 º places 41 º 09:21 Mon 6/11/2012

I think it’s 2011. I won’t be able to hold off on drinking it for more than a couple months.

Torontoblue
beers 104 º places 44 º 09:49 Wed 6/13/2012

Just seen the tap list for the new place on Jasper, Underground. Some good stuff on there, but what is interesting & nice to see, there is no Bud, Coors, Molson or Labatts. Have to wait and see what pricing is like, but it is definitely a place to go in downtown Edmonton.

As for the other new place in Edmonton, MKT, this is now opening on Thursday. All taps will be $4 after 7pm for the opening night.

Ferris
beers 23108 º places 1878 º 10:46 Wed 6/13/2012

MKT has published their beer menu:

https://twitter.com/MKTwhyte/status/211962750627352577/photo/1/large

Pretty mediocre if you ask me and a bit pricey at that.

Torontoblue
beers 104 º places 44 º 10:50 Wed 6/13/2012

Yup, very, very disappointing and just far too corporate. And the pricing is just taking the piss, especially when they are only 14oz servings!!!

Hoser
beers 388 º places 178 º 13:20 Wed 6/13/2012

There is another place opening this week that has Charlevoix’s Milk Stout on tap that sounds good.

Torontoblue
beers 104 º places 44 º 14:30 Wed 6/13/2012

Never really cared for Charlevoix’s beers...just don’t do anything for me. Where is the new place opening?

gramity
beers 1829 º places 41 º 16:14 Wed 6/13/2012

Originally posted by Torontoblue
Yup, very, very disappointing and just far too corporate. And the pricing is just taking the piss, especially when they are only 14oz servings!!!

Weren’t you a consultant for this Sid?

I see lots of good beer on there but as for catering to a beer geek who wants something new they are obviously not catering to that.

I am disappointed in the offerings. I can definitely get a good beer there but if I want to knock of some beer I’ve never tried it look like I will have to look elsewhere.

I have to say, I don’t care much for the Century Hospitality Group for that sort of thing. There is no labor of love for beer - just for profits.

I am much more excited about Underground on Jasper and I really hope that has more of the atmosphere and approach I’m looking forward (selfish, I know).

I want a place that has a mug club so I can buy a stein to use every time I am there and pay pint prices for a liter.

At any rate, I am going to go support MKT’s opening as it is a step in the right direction. Not to mention I am fucking sucker for $4 tap prices.

Torontoblue
beers 104 º places 44 º 16:21 Wed 6/13/2012

Originally posted by gramity
Originally posted by Torontoblue

Weren’t you a consultant for this Sid?

Me & Shane were supposed to have had a meeting before they settled on their taps & bottles, and just go over a few things. It never happened and they used a guy who used to work for Labatt’s; hence the lack of beer geek choices, and the more corporate look of things.

And there are now definitely no kids under drinking age allowed in.