RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Ętre Gourmet

read 1823 times • 18 replies • posted 10/7/2012 1:58:00 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

premium
Steve_0 2826:142
Anybody ever had a packaged seized by customs that was ordered from Ętre Gourmet? I am worried because its shipping status has not been updated in a while and it was last updated stating it was received by customs. Any information/experience would be greatly appreciated.
Private message Send the author a private message

javit
Int’l packages coming into the US often miss their scans at one point or another. I had a package that was received in Brussels and never scanned again until it passed through Great Falls, MT. No customs or anything even though it had to go through it. To this day the tracking still shows up as undelivered, but the bottles are not sitting in my cellar.
10/7/2012 2:05:08 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
I hope this is the case, but I am extremely worried because its been about 3 weeks since the initial order and there were two boxes ordered. The second one sent by Ętre made it here last week.
10/7/2012 2:21:47 PM

deftim13
My last three packages took over a month for delivery and the tracking info never updated. Just had a scan into customs then a month later it arrived. Just hope the bottom was taped well. For some reason my last few packages have all had issues with the bottom not being taped well and ready to break open when I picked them up at the post office.
10/7/2012 3:33:41 PM

csano
What would typically happen in a situation like this? Say customs seizes the beer, does Etre replace it?
10/7/2012 4:27:37 PM

premium
callmemickey 2971:34
Originally posted by csano
What would typically happen in a situation like this? Say customs seizes the beer, does Etre replace it?

I had a large box from Etre seized by customs/USPS over a year ago. I won’t get into too many details here, but the short story is Etre refused to refund, resend, or give me store credit.
10/7/2012 4:47:16 PM

premium
Originally posted by callmemickey

I had a large box from Etre seized by customs/USPS over a year ago. I won’t get into too many details here, but the short story is Etre refused to refund, resend, or give me store credit.

This is what I am worried about.
10/7/2012 5:07:01 PM

csano
Originally posted by callmemickey

That sucks. Do you still use them? Do any of the other Belgian online retailers offer a guarantee of some sort in case something like this happens?
10/7/2012 6:13:44 PM

premium
Gription79 2296:51
My last order from Etre had the bottom of the box rip open and bottles hit the floor in the post office. The postman quickly put the bottles back in the box and apologized.
10/7/2012 7:15:26 PM

jpfromb
10/7/2012 7:16:26 PM

jpfromb
I had the same issue. Sent a message to Robert who promptly provided updated tracking.
10/7/2012 7:17:29 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers