EU vote

Reads 15904 • Replies 274 • Started Thursday, June 23, 2016 3:41:46 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40415 º places 1239 º 10:10 Fri 6/24/2016

Originally posted by madmitch76
You scampi

cgarvieuk
beers 37611 º places 457 º 10:26 Fri 6/24/2016

>
What do you guys think of the concessions Cameron was given by the EU, compared to the concessions Scotland received before it’s Independence referendum? Open question .... I’m curious.

Its sad that he had to give in to Scottish whining, anf even then they weren’t happy.

But EU is also different there. In that uk parliament to Scottish parliament isnt same as group to one of group, one you need to get most/all group to agree and be prepared to offer same changes to others in the group

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 11:36 Fri 6/24/2016

Originally posted by adnielsen
Originally posted by WingmanWillis
It’s time for the American raters to follow Travlr over here and get some low boost Hote Golde action whilst it’s cheap!

theprof
beers 4273 º places 42 º 11:38 Fri 6/24/2016

When uncertainty hits, beer often helps. So lets seek some solace

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 12:10 Fri 6/24/2016

I think if there had been any prospect of the EU making substantive change, then Remain would have won by a landlslide. Trying to work together is a noble objective but when you have certain EU principles that are never going to be changed and are increasingly not what the (slim majority) of the people in the UK want, well what are you going to do?

What do you guys think of the concessions Cameron was given by the EU, compared to the concessions Scotland received before it’s Independence referendum? Open question .... I’m curious.

Those concessions weren’t forthcoming in the wake of the vote to stay in UK and probably further added to distrust of Westminster clique

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 13:20 Fri 6/24/2016

I liked Cameron ???? and I realise I’m in a minority’ . Watching him cry today was tough .

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 14:23 Fri 6/24/2016

Originally posted by Gary
I liked Cameron ???? and I realise I’m in a minority’ . Watching him cry today was tough .

Poor bloke, he will have to work has a consultant at one of his mates hedge funds and pick up a measly couple of million a year. He may have to fall back on his daddies millions as well.
Yeah...I am welling up here.

RichTheVillan
beers 10685 º places 101 º 14:27 Fri 6/24/2016

Originally posted by Gary

You voted him in and look what he did

imdownthepub
beers 26028 º places 2088 º 02:04 Sat 6/25/2016

Woke up this morning hoping it was all a bad dream, but no the stupidity was all too real. I personally cannot think of one good reason to leave.

The economy forecast has now been downgraded to negative, so more bad news to come on Monday.

Desverger
beers 29254 º places 383 º 04:32 Sat 6/25/2016

Like a bad dream indeed. Has not sunk in yet.

Heading back to the UK to renew my passport in August, glad to hear it will still be the normal red passport and have the usual "European Union" embossed on the cover and it will apparently give the freedom of movement in the EU for approx the 2 years it will take from article 50 being invoked. At least that will be 2 years of free movement coming back to boost on hote goldes!