Euro 2012 - what are you drinking?

Reads 34467 • Replies 605 • Started Friday, June 8, 2012 9:18:40 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 13:41 Tue 6/19/2012

Originally posted by SilkTork
Oh. That was over the line. What is the point of the extra goal line official if they can’t see that!

I mean completely useless. What is the point of person 2 metres away? Stupid stupid Uefa.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 13:42 Tue 6/19/2012

Well that I didn’t expect. England winning the group. But Italy are the better team. Can’t see getting past them

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 13:42 Tue 6/19/2012

Ibrahimovich goal was goal of the tournament.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 13:43 Tue 6/19/2012

Originally posted by harrisoni
Engerland, engerland, engerland, engerland lala. We’re gonna score one more than you!! England!!

I hate it when the football takes over my sense.......

I was fucking right though. Time to celebrate with a Struise St Amatus.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 14:01 Tue 6/19/2012

Boy, am I going to enjoy my meeting tomorrow with my French colleagues. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

zimbo
beers 1019 º 14:27 Tue 6/19/2012

Finished a can of Gold Label.
What a glorious nation.

tdtm82
beers 1704 º places 138 º 14:29 Tue 6/19/2012

Still don’t know why he is insisting on playing Milner. I don’t think we’ll get past Italy, providing they do turn up. Rather frustrated at the lack of service for centre forwards. I don’t see us winning games by many goals. Boring? Yes. Effective? Maybe.

Fin
beers 17269 º places 1653 º 00:25 Wed 6/20/2012

Originally posted by SilkTork
Oh. That was over the line. What is the point of the extra goal line official if they can’t see that!

Yes I agree certainly appeared to be well over. However really interesting that the extra goal line official was so close to that and yet didn’t see it, I understand that the extra goal line official is Platini’s idea as he is opposed to using goal line technology, be interesting to interview him after that to get his views now.

Fin
beers 17269 º places 1653 º 00:34 Wed 6/20/2012

Originally posted by tdtm82
Still don’t know why he is insisting on playing Milner. I don’t think we’ll get past Italy, providing they do turn up. Rather frustrated at the lack of service for centre forwards. I don’t see us winning games by many goals. Boring? Yes. Effective? Maybe.

Yes I keep scratching my head thinking about Milners inclusion, I cannot say that I was really studying his contribution throughout the game last night but I wonder whether he is considered a better option as he can provide more protection for the defence, he’s certainly workmanlike but not shown an awful lot of creativity as yet. But to be fair to Hodgson he has not inherited the greatest of squads, his tweaking and getting them playing to their strengths is to be applauded, looking forward to the knockout stages and to see how we line up against Italy.

Fin
beers 17269 º places 1653 º 00:51 Wed 6/20/2012

Originally posted by harrisoni
Well that I didn’t expect. England winning the group. But Italy are the better team. Can’t see getting past them

Believe Ian, believe. We haven’t played particularly well but we’ve taken seven points from nine and won a group that I guess most neutrals would have expected the French side to have won considering their form going into this tournament. At least with the Italians you sort of know what to expect, yes it is a tall order but so was winning the group.