European Local Swap 4.0

Reads 13834 • Replies 167 • Started Tuesday, February 11, 2014 3:15:01 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

andrepintado
beers 3998 º places 125 º 08:55 Fri 3/7/2014

Originally posted by Benzai
Originally posted by andregoncalves
Huge box sent by Benzai!

Even my cat is amazed!

- La Trappe Jubilaris
- Clown Shoes Eagle Claw Fist
- ’t IJ Barley Wine
- De Molen Dag & Nacht
- De Molen Mout & Mocca (2011-)
- De Molen Rasputin
- Rooie Dop Double Oatmeal Stout
- vandeStreek bier Dark Roast
- Bad Hair Brewing Ut Bittere Eind

Thanks Rene!

Good to know it finally arrived. Could only briefly look at my beermails and thought the box still hadn’t arrived. Glad you like them beers!

On a side note, I’ve suffered quite a crash when snowboarding and unless I am very very lucky -but it doesn’t look that way so far- I have torn cruciate ligaments in my right knee, so I could be looking at 9-12 months of recovery. In any case, as I cannot walk or drive a car, I won’t be able to attent the next euro swap and I will probably not attent any tastings for quite a while. The good news is that I now basically have all the time in the world to drink top notch Finnish beers!

Cheers everybody!

ps. Don’t try to go 90+ km/h on a snowboard...

Hi Rene,

That’s pretty hardcore... Get better soon!

Cheers

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 13:08 Fri 3/7/2014

Thanks Andre!

tony_gorilla
beers 159 º places 14 º 14:30 Sun 3/9/2014

Bartlebier: Hehe yeah them are watchdogs right. :)
Cuso: i dont think that would make any difference here in norway...
got my beers at last. :)

Originally posted by bartlebier
My Norwegian shipment is entering its 3rd week on the road after being stuck in Customs for a week, despite paying attention to all tricks&rules ("GIFT/collectible glassware/Value: "170NOK"/detailed list with abv).

As a former Nordic studies minor, I have a fair amount of goodwill and double shipping dimes to reach any Øl-entusiaster up north. So here is just a brief caveat for future EU swappers:
receiving from NO is no problem (received a very nice Local Swap mixer from Palme last edition), but I have sent beers to the US faster and cheaper, and with half of the sweat of my brow. The precision of those Norwegian customs watchdogs seems on par with the Swiss border patrol around the corner here.Following up such an operation is not for the faint-hearted or those prone to paranoia or wanting to surprise their receiver, as every last bottle will have to be declared to customs and to your recipient, so they can go and pick it up...

I just hope that Westvleteren can be left to sit quietly and recover from multiple shocks for a few days/weeks before opening, tony_gorilla!

tony_gorilla
beers 159 º places 14 º 14:32 Sun 3/9/2014

How do i post a reply with a photo?

andrepintado
beers 3998 º places 125 º 03:36 Mon 3/10/2014

Originally posted by tony_gorilla
How do i post a reply with a photo?

Upload the image to http://imgur.com/
Just paste the link to the image

Cheers!

bartlebier
beers 4526 º places 177 º 06:41 Mon 3/10/2014

Anyone else still waiting to make arrangements or for a tracking number? Entering the 4th week after the draw, lying in wait for a package not even sent yet, the EU swamp slowly losing some of its charm for me...

rlgk
beers 18837 º places 615 º 14:02 Mon 3/10/2014

My box is in Gothenburg now! :) Will pick it up tomorrow.

gunnar
beers 14335 º places 1096 º 15:13 Mon 3/10/2014

My box arrived before the weekend, thanks to aleigator for a great and epic selection of German beers.

Box consisted of these great and much wanted beers:

Schumacher 1838er
Kehrwieder Prototyp
CREW Republic 7:45 Escalation
Held Bräu Holler Busch Weizenbock
Füchschen Alt
Fritz Ale Extra Special Bitter
Schönramer Imperial Stout

Hans Müller Bayerisch Nizza Clubbier

And a very good special treat as well "Løwensenf extra" special senf.
Thanks a lot

aleigator
beers 945 º places 10 º 16:16 Mon 3/10/2014

Great to see that nothing broke, I feel relieved :) Have fun with the beers and dont wait to long on the "Alt"s as they usually want to get consumed within four weeks after being bottled.

Christos
beers 6111 º places 110 º 18:27 Mon 3/10/2014

I know the 1838er was brewed for their anniversary, but is there any chance for the beer to remain in their roster?

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer