Euston Tap vs Euston Cider Tap

Reads 1075 • Replies 14 • Started Tuesday, December 16, 2014 6:43:19 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jjsint
beers 7710 º places 1334 º 10:14 Tue 12/16/2014

I would have thought that cider pubs would be exempt from the ’must serve craft beer’ rule as cider is rated on here. I suppose this could open up the floodgates for Japanese restaurants (sake) and that sort of thing, but some places (such as the Cider Tap) will provide a fairly steady stream of ticks.

However, I don’t think it’s nearly as good as the Euston Tap. Some of their selection is a bit odd, and I’ve had the odd rubbish cider from them. Still an excellent place to go, and I love the ambience upstairs.

MagicDave6
beers 1 º places 1 º 10:58 Tue 12/16/2014

The ladies toilet in the Cider Tap is pretty good

SilkTork
beers 7741 º places 111 º 16:27 Tue 12/16/2014

Originally posted by JoeMcPhee
Yeah - it was a cool spot. Although the guy behind the bar was fucking clueless and they were cleaning lines so there was only 2 ciders available. I don’t think it’s too much to ask that if you’re going to shut all of your lines down to clean them, that you get it done before opening (I was there ~4:00 PM)

The landlord of the Crown & Thistle, CAMRA Pub of the Year 2003, would wait until opening before pulling through all his casks, leaving a final half pint of each beer in front of the pump for you to try.

Garrold
beers 10665 º places 149 º 16:37 Tue 12/16/2014

Originally posted by MagicDave6
The ladies toilet in the Cider Tap is pretty good

That must be the only bog that Pivovar own that is, then...