ex-yu 3 :p

Reads 7019 • Replies 71 • Started Tuesday, September 2, 2014 7:18:58 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

MarkoNm
beers 6136 º places 383 º 10:22 Thu 2/12/2015

Ok, so here are some news also from Slovenia.

Another new brewery opened end of last year near Maribor named LiLa MiSa brewery. They have an IPA, Black IPA, Brown Ale and Belgian Ale.

We also got first bio beer, produced by Ekološka kmerija Šlibar near Tržic. They make amber lager, fruit beer and will start with a wheat beer soon (haven’t had the chance to try them yet).

In March, there will be a new one opening - Kranjska Pivovarna. Not much is known about it yet, only that they produce a pilsener and a dunkel.

Not a new brewery, but a newly discovered. Loko Loko brewery from Lokovica near Šoštanj, also producing light and dark beer.

Mali Grad has a new IPA on the market. Rokovnjac, has bottled a new Smoked beer, and Vizir is preparing a new stout, supposedly called Black Jack. Also, Laško Special will soon get a new member, something with a wild cherry I believe.

Next week, Bevog will also release a new Who Cares Edition Lumberjack Ale. And finally, Pelicon (ratebeers Slovenian brewery of the year) will be making a limited edition pale ale, made from a completely new and unnamed variety of Slovenian hops.

I guess that’s all for now.

Marko
admin
beers 17710 º places 866 º 14:51 Thu 2/12/2015

Whoa, that’s more than I thought. Great!

Need to do a Tour de Slovenia soon.

digita7693
beers 1 º places 7 º 15:55 Thu 2/12/2015

Anyone in Zagreb willing to pick up two of the Zwamjska pivovara glasses for me?:) Ill obviously pay for the glasses/shipping or could trade for some locals.
not the pint glasses, but the rounded snifter looking ones. I sent them an email but I have not received a response:(

Would be shipped to Germany.

just send me a message.

Cheers
Don

Marko
admin
beers 17710 º places 866 º 07:55 Fri 2/20/2015

Zmajska? Hm. Try messaging Svarrogh here, he’s the brewer there. Not sure how often he checks in now, but still. Or ogivlado even, he might be up for a trade.

Anyway, just a call for people from these parts (especially Croatia I guess). Even if you don’t "dare" to rate beers, please do try to rate places (fairly). The places are now unbalanced review-wise, so (nowadays) mediocre places like Tomato (a nice place, mind, but the selection really isn’t anything special now, far from it) end up ahead of genuinely good, and certainly far better selection-wise nearby places like Ro&Do, perhaps Carpe Diem too though I haven’t stopped there in ages.

There was (is?) a particularly bad case in Split, where one American tourist gave a nice place with a very ordinary (a notch above average for Split’s low standards perhaps) selection an insanely high score and it ended up being the top rated one, even when I balanced it out with a more objective score. :/

It’s important for people visiting Croatia to know what’s interesting beer-wise and right now some good places might be overlooked for far less interesting ones because of this...

Marko
admin
beers 17710 º places 866 º 10:20 Mon 3/16/2015

Whoa... seems that a brewpub that flew under the radar since at least 2013 has been "discovered" by the Serbian crew in Valjevo. Pivnica Medved. They seem to do a "Pale", "Red" and "Dark". Regular fare, but it’s always cool to find something new.

A new brewpub has opened there in Novi Sad as well, Brauhaus Novi Sad. German-inspired. Will have to visit the town again finally. Last time I was there there was almost nothing except for a single slightly above average pub, now there are two brewpubs and some other interesting places. :)

Marko
admin
beers 17710 º places 866 º 12:05 Mon 3/16/2015

Also, the Spancil Hill brewpub in Široki Brijeg in (Bosnia and) Herzegovina has decided to go truly pro and now offers their beers bottled, as Lovac Craft Pivovara. There’s a Pale Ale and a Porter offered. Great news! :)

Travlr
beers 33887 º places 4583 º 12:29 Mon 3/16/2015

Originally posted by Marko
Whoa... seems that a brewpub that flew under the radar since at least 2013 has been "discovered" by the Serbian crew in Valjevo. Pivnica Medved. They seem to do a "Pale", "Red" and "Dark". Regular fare, but it’s always cool to find something new.

A new brewpub has opened there in Novi Sad as well, Brauhaus Novi Sad. German-inspired. Will have to visit the town again finally. Last time I was there there was almost nothing except for a single slightly above average pub, now there are two brewpubs and some other interesting places. :)
I skipped Novi Sad during my last visit, but now there are incentives to return.

Travlr
beers 33887 º places 4583 º 12:29 Mon 3/16/2015

Originally posted by Marko
Also, the Spancil Hill brewpub in Široki Brijeg in (Bosnia and) Herzegovina has decided to go truly pro and now offers their beers bottled, as Lovac Craft Pivovara. There’s a Pale Ale and a Porter offered. Great news! :)
good news. That’s near Mostar, yes?

Marko
admin
beers 17710 º places 866 º 12:49 Mon 3/16/2015

Yeah, their beers are available bottled in some Mostar pubs too. I’m overdue both in Serbia and in Bosnia again... need to organize some sort of tour. Not being a driver doesn’t help at all though. :/

Marko
admin
beers 17710 º places 866 º 13:23 Mon 3/16/2015

Also, an "interesting" turn of events... The FIT chain of pubs - carrying the only "craft" beer in Montenegro (a HBH brewpub in Podgorica serving also two other locations, in Budva and Bar) has turned into the "Shanghai" chain of Chinese restaurants. They still seem to serve the beer though.