RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

fake blabaer ’09s filled w/ stout/porter

read 13403 times • 126 replies • posted 9/13/2012 10:44:57 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

premium
RABinCO 1255:72
Originally posted by Alen
One leaked, the other beer from the other trade is fine and looks pitch black in the bottle. Never said I’m gonna cellar it.

"this fake 09 is now in my cellar"

Just sayin’....

But seriously, when you pop it open take a lot of pictures of not only the contents but the cork and label, etc. and post ’em here. The more info the better.
9/13/2012 1:15:44 PM

Private message send the author a private message

puzzl 3249:138
Originally posted by GT2
I will say that when a beer leaks in transit, the resulting smell will not be pleasant and has no resemblance to what was originally bottled.

I had three fresh Zombie Dusts explode recently and the box smelled like apple cider vinegar.

Those were fakes you numbskull! You’ve been duped! Someone filled your Zombie Dust with apple cider vinegar, so whatever bottles you have left just leave them in your cellar and don’t bother verifying.
9/13/2012 1:35:11 PM

puzzl 3249:138
I mean seriously, let’s skip the sarcasm for a moment here: you have decided that you have a bunch of fake Blaeber because 1) one of them leaked in transit and after sitting on bubble wrap and cardboard for a week it smelled like "nasty stout" and 2) because it looks darker through the dark green glass than you think it should.

Sorry, but until you come back with some real facts this is meaningless. If it’s a fake, open it and actually verify that it is fake. Worst case scenario you’ve just been forced to drink a Blaeber—well, that might actually be the best case scenario, but still, what’s the big deal?
9/13/2012 1:38:41 PM

premium
foppa78 12
I believe Cantillon uses several different shades of green glass with some definitely being darker. I havent seen the bottle but it is possible that Blabaer in a darker bottle could look like a porter. Crack it open and pour it into a glass.
9/13/2012 1:42:54 PM

beernraiderfan
This type of aggression will not stand, man.
9/13/2012 1:58:41 PM

premium
Ludvig 114:12
you can see trough blåbær even if it’s in the bottle. and since it’s from ’09 it should probably dropped some color too.
9/13/2012 2:25:54 PM

premium
ReggieDunlap 3054:142
I wish i had some blabaer...the real kind.
9/13/2012 2:47:53 PM

kryptic
Originally posted by watson1977
I wish i had some blabaer...the real kind.

Well, there is still no proof that the one the OP has isn’t real. For some reason he apparantly refuses to open up the bottle he has to verify.

9/13/2012 3:00:32 PM

premium
BenH 2259:6
The best way to solve this is for you to send the bottle to me in tact, do not open it. I will verify for you
9/13/2012 3:10:05 PM

502Che 999:47
Ok guys, lets chill on bashing to reporter here. Yes, he may have been a bit early in reporting without verifying, but I dont thing he is "refusing" to open the bottle to verify.

This is a bold claim though, which is why there are equally bold responses OP, so don;t take it personally. I second the advice that you pop that cork and see for yourself, and I (like everyone else here) would be very interested to hear the outcome and see lots of pictures detailing the case.

Best of luck man, let us know...
9/13/2012 3:29:38 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback