Favorite Old School Craft Beer

Reads 3860 • Replies 58 • Started Monday, August 24, 2015 6:52:51 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

BVery
beers 13631 º places 750 º 19:20 Fri 8/28/2015

Originally posted by X
...and still as good as ever.

SNPA
Anchor Porter

Thats all I can think of that I have bought recently.

Anchor Porter - still hard to beat in the porter category. So. Damn. Good.

BVery
beers 13631 º places 750 º 19:28 Fri 8/28/2015

Interesting, and very cool, to see all the Sierra Nevada and Anchor love in this thread. Well deserved. Not always the top hot breweries on the trade forums, but much respect and standing the test of time.

I hope the current craft beer hype only accelerates and never dies down, because we’re in the golden era now and it’s soooo much fun, but if and when it does, there will always be a special place in beer heaven for these pioneers.

Beerdrinker79
beers 2189 º places 7 º 23:02 Fri 8/28/2015

SNPA, Bigfoot, Dales Pale, Stone IPA.

whaleman
beers 2178 º places 25 º 23:10 Fri 8/28/2015

Prima Pils

BBB63
beers 6567 º places 146 º 23:11 Fri 8/28/2015

North Coast Old Stock and Rasputin

tennisjoel
beers 2230 º places 53 º 23:33 Fri 8/28/2015

Originally posted by after4ever
Originally posted by ContemplateBeer
I’m wondering: Of those who have replied (and any future posters) do you have the beer you listed often? Monthly? At least once a year? How often?

No set schedule, but an average of once a month or so.
I never met Walt, but when something funny or cool happens that makes me glad to be on RB, there’s a chance I’ll grab an Orval to toast Walt and RB in general. Same goes for Rainier when something reminds me of friends from my old neighborhood, and Reissdorf Kolsch when my dad’s on my mind.
Shakespeare Stout definitely belongs on this list, but Rogue doesn’t have quite the charm it did 20 years ago. Still, that beer always drinks pretty good.

I agree about Shakespeare Stout, has the complexity of an imperial stout in a regular stout. Still solid the last time I had it, though I haven’t seen it around my area in quite a while.

Beerdrinker79
beers 2189 º places 7 º 23:49 Fri 8/28/2015

Originally posted by tennisjoel
Originally posted by after4ever
Originally posted by ContemplateBeer
I’m wondering: Of those who have replied (and any future posters) do you have the beer you listed often? Monthly? At least once a year? How often?

No set schedule, but an average of once a month or so.
I never met Walt, but when something funny or cool happens that makes me glad to be on RB, there’s a chance I’ll grab an Orval to toast Walt and RB in general. Same goes for Rainier when something reminds me of friends from my old neighborhood, and Reissdorf Kolsch when my dad’s on my mind.
Shakespeare Stout definitely belongs on this list, but Rogue doesn’t have quite the charm it did 20 years ago. Still, that beer always drinks pretty good.

I agree about Shakespeare Stout, has the complexity of an imperial stout in a regular stout. Still solid the last time I had it, though I haven’t seen it around my area in quite a while.

SNPA i still drink regularly, Dales semi regularly, Bigfoot honestly almost never, and Stone IPA i’d like to drink once in awhile, but this market it’s always expired!

VamboladeTolly
beers 2253 º places 15 º 08:46 Sat 8/29/2015

Anchor Liberty Ale and Steam Beer

runtime
beers 6 º places 1 º 17:51 Sat 8/29/2015

GI Matilda & Sofie

craftycarl21
beers 2338 º places 93 º 23:59 Sat 8/29/2015

Expedition
Peche Mortel
Celebration
Sculpin