Favorite WI brewery of 2015, new or established

Reads 305 • Replies • Started Tuesday, February 2, 2016 11:59:53 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

nuplastikk
beers 9840 º places 73 º 23:59 Tue 2/2/2016

I liked the Badger State beers I have tried, but haven’t made it up there yet.
I haven’t done the MKE nano rounds yet, nor Brennan.
Woodman brewery has satellites, which is insane.
Second Salem seems to be doing their thing, but I got some buttery earthiness in their stuff too.
Still haven;t made the Racine/Kenosha beer trek either. Somehow Chicago keeps trumping you out.
New Glarus came correct with four R+Ds, but the 4 pack and 6pack line ups were kind of drab.
Oso is getting a little more out there and dialing in their sour stuff some, maybe, sorta.
Next Door seems to have settled into a groove, albeit a little bit boring.
I really can’t get too excited about District14. Premium prices for what tastes like homebrew to me always leaves me wondering why I just don’t cruise over to Discount instead of paying 6-8 dollars for 10oz of meh.
Door County threatens better than average every now and again, I wonder what their product would be like were it not bottled at Sand Creek.
Lakefronts My Turn Series seems to be steadily respectable. I would never even consider buying a Lakefront sixpack, but I like the My turn stuff generally.
Lazy Monk taking over Eau Claire but having little state impact, the Helles Pivo is probably the greatest WI session beer ever. They really need to stick with the lagers though, the ales aren’t on the same level.

I didn’t really hit up that many WI breweries in 2015. New WI beer book is hyping me up though. Any breweries you liked what they were doing or would avoid? Don’t go easy or hard on em, just tell it like it is. Is anyone playing the modern brewery game well?