FedEx/UPS: Latest Delivery You’ve Had ?

Reads 13454 • Replies 14 • Started Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:13:59 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

antronnn
places 4 º 22:13 Thu 11/29/2012

I just had a box o’ beer delivered to my door via FedEx Home Delivery at 12:30a from a trade with HighWine. Called FedEx around 9p to see what was up since they’d been ’Out for Delivery’ since 7:30a and they told me I should expect them sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening. Scared the hell out of me when the driver knocked, but man am I stoked to be sipping this Daisy Cutter.

Was wondering what the latest y’all have received beer mail? Is this a new record?

bytemesis
beers 15313 º places 1595 º 22:26 Thu 11/29/2012

Funny, i just had one arrive after 8pm today, which was a new record for me.

skycracksopen
23:22 Thu 11/29/2012

I regularly get UPS shipments between 7 and 9pm. Usually they don’t even ring the doorbell at that hour, so I just have to check out on the doorstep every few hours if I’m expecting something.

I think FedEx always delivers to me by about 4pm though.

vw73182
beers 14 º places 1 º 00:17 Fri 11/30/2012

FedEx always by 10-10:30am. UPS forget it they are horrible.. 3/4 of the time I have to go pick it up at their warehouse

JStax
beers 10650 º places 821 º 03:20 Fri 11/30/2012

6 pm is the latest I’ve had a delivery. As we get closer to Christmas, delivery times should be expected to push further into the night. Those delivery guys’ workload skyrockets at this time of year.

jsquire
beers 6960 º places 321 º 04:40 Fri 11/30/2012

I got one this week at about 9p. I knew the driver and he said he had about 40 more boxes to go that night. Merry Christmas...

AleHunter
05:02 Fri 11/30/2012

Fedex arrives around 10 and 3 out of 3 times they didn’t ring!!!!! all of the times, My wife was in the house and “waiting” for Fedex as I had told her that my package was arriving that day and each times, she found the note on the door saying that nobody was there. I’m guessing the guy waited and left 10 sec later seeing that nobody had answered to his non-knocking or ringing.
Now I have the boxes delivered at my job.

antronnn
places 4 º 05:51 Fri 11/30/2012

Originally posted by jsquire
Merry Christmas...

This was my first thought, poor freaking delivery drivers.

AleHunter
06:00 Fri 11/30/2012

Originally posted by AnthonyMacchio
Merry Christmas...

Maybe we should try stop trading till early next year?! It’s also no good for the environment

antronnn
places 4 º 06:09 Fri 11/30/2012

Originally posted by AleHunter
Originally posted by AnthonyMacchio
Merry Christmas...

Maybe we should try stop trading till early next year?! It’s also no good for the environment

Eh, I kind of liked the fact that it’s cold enough outside that I could crack that Daisy Cutter I spoke of after sticking it in the fridge for 10min. Not to mention that our boxes are probably a lot less likely to get flagged with the high volume of shipments this time of year.

peteinSD
places 57 º 06:51 Fri 11/30/2012

Originally posted by AleHunter
Fedex arrives around 10 and 3 out of 3 times they didn’t ring!!!!! all of the times, My wife was in the house and “waiting” for Fedex as I had told her that my package was arriving that day and each times, she found the note on the door saying that nobody was there. I’m guessing the guy waited and left 10 sec later seeing that nobody had answered to his non-knocking or ringing.
Now I have the boxes delivered at my job.

your wife waits for your beer boxes. impressive.

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer