First names announced 4th Borefts

Reads 11332 • Replies 110 • Started Saturday, March 17, 2012 7:42:08 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

pkeigan
beers 1 º 21:50 Sun 9/23/2012

We are heading to Brussels today from Croatia. I was hoping we could make it to Poperinge but I don’t think our time schedule is going to let it happen. Does anybody know if Westevltern 12 is available at any bottle shops in Brussels right now? Any kind soul willing to bring a few bottles to borefts? I don’t have anything to trade but I will gladly purchase them from you. So excited for this festival! Perfect end to our honeymoon!

fiulijn
beers 28318 º places 745 º 06:02 Mon 9/24/2012

Originally posted by pkeigan
We are heading to Brussels today from Croatia. I was hoping we could make it to Poperinge but I don’t think our time schedule is going to let it happen. Does anybody know if Westevltern 12 is available at any bottle shops in Brussels right now? Any kind soul willing to bring a few bottles to borefts? I don’t have anything to trade but I will gladly purchase them from you. So excited for this festival! Perfect end to our honeymoon!

If you buy 100€ worth of beer at Beer Planet, they give you a Westvleteren for free (because they can’t sell it).
I’ve seen the 12 and 8 there, if I’m not wrong they can have the green cap too.
That can’t be the only place...

Years ago I purchased a few at Bier Tempel.

By the way, as said recently in another thread, don’t drink the 12 before it has a couple of years of age at least.
I had a fresh one recently, and it was seriously uninteresting.

Leighton
beers 33700 º places 1204 º 06:14 Mon 9/24/2012

Most of the bottle shops in Brussels have Westy 12 (Bier Temple did last time I was there - three weeks ago). It will usually run you about €10-12 for one bottle, if I recall correctly.

Martinus
beers 5018 º places 224 º 06:24 Mon 9/24/2012

Are you there Friday? I could take you a few.

tdtm82
beers 1704 º places 138 º 07:17 Mon 9/24/2012

"For all those coming to our festival and who have been here before: the sale of tasting glasses (and tokens) has been moved from the mill to the brewery down the road." From Facebook.

Travlr
beers 33863 º places 4576 º 08:24 Mon 9/24/2012

Originally posted by tdtm82
"For all those coming to our festival and who have been here before: the sale of tasting glasses (and tokens) has been moved from the mill to the brewery down the road." From Facebook.
That means the new brewery addition across the street from the mill, right? Doortocht 4?

Martinus
beers 5018 º places 224 º 09:35 Mon 9/24/2012

Originally posted by Travlr
Originally posted by tdtm82
That means the new brewery addition across the street from the mill, right? Doortocht 4?

Yep

suprchunk
beers 2996 º places 147 º 10:08 Mon 9/24/2012

Can we use our glasses from last year?

dEnk
beers 4200 º places 33 º 12:39 Mon 9/24/2012

Originally posted by suprchunk

No, only the new glasses will be filled.
(But they are slightly larger)

cgarvieuk
beers 37611 º places 457 º 12:57 Mon 9/24/2012

Originally posted by dEnk
Originally posted by suprchunk

No, only the new glasses will be filled.
(But they are slightly larger)

DAMNand blast i was hoping for more of the Same. To build my set :-(