Flying Dog rep alleges MillerCoors is guilty of DC bar tap line payola

Reads 3142 • Replies 40 • Started Tuesday, February 07, 2012 2:07:58 PM CT

Thread Frozen

joet
admin
beers 2501 º places 103 º 09:25 Wed 2/8/2012

Originally posted by AZeagle
As a matter of curiousity, has there been anything posted to substantiate this tweet? So far all I have seen is the allegation of a clearly upset rep who lost a handle. Can he back it up or is it just an assumption since he lost the handle? Not necessarily doubting it, just wondering.

This is what I want to know too. This wasn’t a formal allegation to my knowledge, just an internet rant.

tyler_mn
beers 1475 º places 67 º 09:30 Wed 2/8/2012

Whoops!

Flying Dog rep. deletes tweets, retracts statements. Too bad the damage has already been done.

http://beernews.org/2012/02/flying-dog-rep-deletes-tweets-and-avatar-retracts-statement/

joet
admin
beers 2501 º places 103 º 09:48 Wed 2/8/2012

I just don’t understand this -- AT ALL. If this isn’t happening why are so many craft brewers complaining about it?

And why is Flying Dog the party that’s on the hot seat?

Seriously, do we or do we not have rule of law here?

EdKing
beers 2315 º places 168 º 10:42 Wed 2/8/2012

I would guess either a legal notice was issued to that rep from MillerCoors asking him to retract, or Flying Dog got scared of legal implications and made him do that.

GT2
beers 9411 º places 672 º 10:44 Wed 2/8/2012

Originally posted by tytoanderso
Whoops!

Flying Dog rep. deletes tweets, retracts statements. Too bad the damage has already been done.

http://beernews.org/2012/02/flying-dog-rep-deletes-tweets-and-avatar-retracts-statement/

Sounds like he was payola’d

FrumptyDumpty
10:45 Wed 2/8/2012

Originally posted by humlelala
I’m not sure what the legal status of this scheme is in my geography but I was told upon suggesting the introduction of a beer from Amager Bryghus in my local four star hotel skybar (Comwell Bella Sky for anyone interested) that they had a special flagship agreement with Carlsberg that meant they could only carry beer from Carlsberg’s product line.. I guess this special agreement means they get a favourable price on the beer or special attention from Carlsberg marketing events but whether it’s legal or not in Denmark I’m not certain about..

In Denmark Carlsberg can pay for a bars draft set up. Once they do that bar can only put Carlsberg products on it. If they find them serving other beer on it they can take it out but they have to offer the bar the chance to buy the draft system first.

DietPepsican
beers 1578 º places 61 º 10:45 Wed 2/8/2012

Originally posted by joet
Seriously, do we or do we not have rule of law here?

Most laws in the beer world have plenty of gray area from my experience. Having enough money to have a team of lawyers certainly doesn’t hurt the companies with more money.

joet
admin
beers 2501 º places 103 º 11:44 Wed 2/8/2012

Originally posted by GT2
Originally posted by tytoanderso
Whoops!

Sounds like he was payola’d

Or his car was shot up in the lot.

beersage
16:04 Wed 2/8/2012

If I’d been drinking coffee or something right then, I surely would’ve just spit that up all over the computer screen.

illinismitty
beers 2270 º places 279 º 16:21 Wed 2/8/2012

It goes on here in TN. Except they give free kegs and beer signs in exchange for a line. You have to one up them to get a line. Total bullshit, but nothing is done because those distributors have deep pockets and political friends.