RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Industry | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Flying Dog rep alleges MillerCoors is guilty of DC bar tap line payola

read 2930 times • 40 replies • posted 2/7/2012 2:07:58 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

premium
admin
joet 2137:90
Originally posted by AZeagle
As a matter of curiousity, has there been anything posted to substantiate this tweet? So far all I have seen is the allegation of a clearly upset rep who lost a handle. Can he back it up or is it just an assumption since he lost the handle? Not necessarily doubting it, just wondering.

This is what I want to know too. This wasn’t a formal allegation to my knowledge, just an internet rant.

2/8/2012 9:25:40 AM

Private message send the author a private message

tyler_mn 1475:67
Whoops!

Flying Dog rep. deletes tweets, retracts statements. Too bad the damage has already been done.

http://beernews.org/2012/02/flying-dog-rep-deletes-tweets-and-avatar-retracts-statement/
2/8/2012 9:30:52 AM

premium
admin
I just don’t understand this -- AT ALL. If this isn’t happening why are so many craft brewers complaining about it?

And why is Flying Dog the party that’s on the hot seat?

Seriously, do we or do we not have rule of law here?
2/8/2012 9:48:42 AM

premium
EdKing 1796:135
I would guess either a legal notice was issued to that rep from MillerCoors asking him to retract, or Flying Dog got scared of legal implications and made him do that.
2/8/2012 10:42:19 AM

premium
GT2 8276:576
Originally posted by tytoanderso
Whoops!

Flying Dog rep. deletes tweets, retracts statements. Too bad the damage has already been done.

http://beernews.org/2012/02/flying-dog-rep-deletes-tweets-and-avatar-retracts-statement/

Sounds like he was payola’d
2/8/2012 10:44:54 AM

FrumptyDumpty
Originally posted by humlelala
I’m not sure what the legal status of this scheme is in my geography but I was told upon suggesting the introduction of a beer from Amager Bryghus in my local four star hotel skybar (Comwell Bella Sky for anyone interested) that they had a special flagship agreement with Carlsberg that meant they could only carry beer from Carlsberg’s product line.. I guess this special agreement means they get a favourable price on the beer or special attention from Carlsberg marketing events but whether it’s legal or not in Denmark I’m not certain about..

In Denmark Carlsberg can pay for a bars draft set up. Once they do that bar can only put Carlsberg products on it. If they find them serving other beer on it they can take it out but they have to offer the bar the chance to buy the draft system first.
2/8/2012 10:45:18 AM

premium
pepsican 1440:46
Originally posted by joet
Seriously, do we or do we not have rule of law here?

Most laws in the beer world have plenty of gray area from my experience. Having enough money to have a team of lawyers certainly doesn’t hurt the companies with more money.
2/8/2012 10:45:46 AM

premium
admin
Originally posted by GT2
Originally posted by tytoanderso
Whoops!

Sounds like he was payola’d

Or his car was shot up in the lot.
2/8/2012 11:44:14 AM

beersage
If I’d been drinking coffee or something right then, I surely would’ve just spit that up all over the computer screen.
2/8/2012 4:04:15 PM

illinismitty 2270:279
It goes on here in TN. Except they give free kegs and beer signs in exchange for a line. You have to one up them to get a line. Total bullshit, but nothing is done because those distributors have deep pockets and political friends.
2/8/2012 4:21:34 PM

Home > Forums > Industry

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers