FoBAB - the downstate crew

Reads 1528 • Replies 5 • Started Thursday, August 23, 2007 1:41:46 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

SubstanceT
beers 1092 º places 114 º 13:41 Thu 8/23/2007

OK, so the Festival of Barrel Aged Beers will soon be on us. That being said, now that I am no longer up north will need to figure out how and if I can go. My schedule is such that a whole weekend may be too much but I might be able to do the day with a sleepover in Champaign after.

So Im thinking about taking the train up. Either from StL or Champaign and returning the same day. That is unless I can get a real DD (one that doesnt drink at all) to chaperone my little trip.

Anyone interested either way. Train or if I can get someone to drive up there?

As for the DD. Last year my higher functioning was disabled by that beer from Alaska. The other 20 samples that I had did not impact me. Anyway, if this were to happen again I want to make sure that I have the capacity to refuse a ride or at least make a good enough decision not to get in the car with someone. SO I need to make sure ahead of time that I will have a stone cold sober driver. Get what Im saying?

Let me know what you think.
Aaron

Philip
beers 436 º places 64 º 14:15 Fri 8/24/2007

I’m making it a point to attend the Great Taste and FoBAB each year. That being said, I’m not sure yet how I’ll travel -- likely by train. Keep me posted as to your plans.

SubstanceT
beers 1092 º places 114 º 11:08 Sat 8/25/2007

Originally posted by Philip
I’m making it a point to attend the Great Taste and FoBAB each year. That being said, I’m not sure yet how I’ll travel -- likely by train. Keep me posted as to your plans.

Dude I will. Might be cool to take the train up. If we do it early enough we could do a whole round trip thing in one day. At least thats what Im planning.

BTW Round trip from StL to Chicago is $40.

mamabeer
beers 39 º places 1 º 19:10 Tue 10/9/2007

Tom and I got our tickets. Haven’t yet figured out how we’re getting there, but we WILL be there!!!

YourDarkLord
beers 1800 º places 19 º 11:19 Wed 10/10/2007

Had planned to go but decided against it. Daughter Amy is due November 1st. If the baby hasn’t come by the day of the festival, no way I’m leaving town. If the baby has come, again, no way I’m leaving town. Grandchild trumps beerfest. Even one as good as this one.

SubstanceT
beers 1092 º places 114 º 14:50 Wed 10/10/2007

What great news Edward. The FoBAB will come again some time. I hope that I can get to the next one. Maybe next year my schedule will be better.

Aaron