RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Chicago | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Fobab Tickets

read 16107 times • 263 replies • posted 8/6/2012 3:52:07 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27

premium
SrSilligoose 3217:251
Originally posted by mowz
Having purchased tickets a minute or two after availability, I was only able to purchase one ticket at a time. Therefore, I had to pay two service fees because I wanted two tickets. Then I find out that they increased the limit to two. I wrote an email to BPT asking for a refund of one of the service fees. What are the chances of me getting my money back?

i think you had to pay the service fee for each ticket no matter how many tickets you bought in one go. So i think you ended up paying the same as everyone else.
9/3/2012 8:40:49 AM

Private message send the author a private message

mowz
I got a response from BPT and their response was the same. Thank you!
9/3/2012 2:01:32 PM

premium
JSturm 10
I contacted BPT and they are going to refund me for the 6pm ticket that I was given in error when they erroneously claimed the 1pm session was sold out. They said to reprint the tickets so that they will have the appropriate session information on them. How do you do this? Do you have to have a BPT account?
9/4/2012 8:10:33 AM

premium
CanIHave4Beers 3138:74
Originally posted by lushawn
got tickets for 1pm session

Dude? Really?
9/4/2012 12:02:46 PM

premium
ICEatALAMO 909:16
Couldnít order until later in the day and got 2 tickets for the 6pm session. Canít wait. Now I need to find a place to stay. Any recommendations? Are there any events the night before?
9/4/2012 1:58:57 PM

premium
alexsdad06 5250:30
I completely missed this. I was hoping to come up from Cincinnati to celebrate my birthday at FOBAB this year. If anyone has an extra ticket that pops up I can offer beer or pay for the ticket or both.
9/6/2012 7:34:36 PM

premium
Headbanger 3226:81
Between this and GABF it makes you want to stay home and drink.

Originally posted by RAYBOY01
First time in ten years Iím shut out of FoBAB...Iím kind of pissed off about the hoops we have to jump through for event tickets. now. Even last year I bought tickets to the afternoon session weeks after they went on sale. I was supposed to get one for Dale too...heís in the Czech Republic touring the Pilsner Urquelle Brewery right now!
9/7/2012 7:17:20 AM

premium
NobleSquirrel 3437:209
Originally posted by Headbanger

First time in ten years Iím shut out of FoBAB...Iím kind of pissed off about the hoops we have to jump through for event tickets. now. Even last year I bought tickets to the afternoon session weeks after they went on sale. I was supposed to get one for Dale too...heís in the Czech Republic touring the Pilsner Urquelle Brewery right now!

FWIW, this isnít anything particularly new overall. Itís been happening with concerts forever. Sure, it sucks, but at the end of the day itís just another beer event. Full disclosure, though, I didnít have to buy a ticket (worker). I have, however, gotten tickets to plenty of other events, and missed out on several as well.
9/7/2012 7:19:20 AM

premium
TheAlum 5530:10
My Hawkeye Homeboy just indicated that the entry requirements from FoBAB seemingly have been increased from 5 Gal to 10 Gal.. so it sounds like much more beer available (Seemingly 1x 5 Gal per session.. plus the beer for judging, obviously).. fwiw..

But perhaps less "rare" or "experiment" entries because of how much you have to enter.. possible a deterrent for him in entering beers from Oakshire (Not discouraged by his beers being lost last year).
9/7/2012 12:32:54 PM

RAYBOY01 2012:1
Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
Originally posted by Headbanger

FWIW, this isnít anything particularly new overall. Itís been happening with concerts forever. Sure, it sucks, but at the end of the day itís just another beer event. Full disclosure, though, I didnít have to buy a ticket (worker). I have, however, gotten tickets to plenty of other events, and missed out on several as well.

I buy tix for all kinds of events all year round...and NEVER have I seen something so completely, thoroughly, and hopelessly screwed up as this event. First the weird and nonsensical anouncement of the 5:00AM sale time...followed by a late change to 11:59AM...(synchronize your watches gentlemen) Why does ICBG feel the need to "improve" an event (with a nine year history of being nearly perfectly run) until it doesnít work anymore? Then the website announces that all tickets for the 1:00PM session are sold out ten minutes into the sale. Of course, tickets were NOT sold out, but not knowing that, I gave up in disgust...until a fellow Ratebeerian kindly pointed out in forum post an hour later that tickets were still available (sort of!). But "available" only after sitting for an hour pressing "Refresh" like a lab rat trying to get a
pellet in a high school biology experiment. I find that, while I can now buy a ticket for the 1:00PM session, I can only buy 1 at a time, as opposed to 8 at a time for the 6:00PM session. So back I go to the rat maze and spend another three hours of my rare Saturday afternoon off trying to get all three tickets I need. (Which I finally did, against all odds!) Later, after printing the tickets out, I eventually notice that the first two tickets donít have a date or session time printed on them. I notice an email announcement of this latest fuck-up next morning, but too late to reprint them as suggested. Hopefully the bar code will confirm my ticketís validity...and Iíll just give the dubious tickets to Dale anyway! I emailed my displeasure to BPT and the ICBG...and I would love to state that both responded quickly, and politely offered me their heartfelt apologies for the absurd number of screw-ups in the same seemingly simple transaction...but, of course, neither organization ever responded to me at all!

My generation may have handed yours off a bankrupt country, with defecits so astronomical that it will take YOUR grandkids to pay it off, an ever-widening rift between the haves and have-nots, and a disfunctional government, whose foreign policy has made us reviled world-wide...but your generation has cursed us with internet ticket sales so irredeamably fucked-up that I, not quite, but almost missed my favorite beer event. Congratulations!
9/8/2012 9:08:50 AM

Home > Forums > Chicago

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search
Add A Beer
Add A Brewer