RateBeer

Fobab Tickets

read 16876 times • 263 replies •

Thread Frozen

Tooch4321
beers 11 º 05:42 Mon 8/27/2012

Tickets go on sale this Saturday, September 1st starting at 5am ($47.57 w/service fee)...

TheAlum
premium
beers 6373 º places 10 º 06:19 Mon 8/27/2012

...the last thing they needed to do was hype this event.

Ticket sales were so smooth when they just went unannounced and started one day..

BA is probably in OMGMeltdown mode over this.

Tooch4321
beers 11 º 06:26 Mon 8/27/2012

Nope, I just randomly checked Brown Paper Tickets this morning, I did the same thing last year...

Dunt
beers 299 º 06:32 Mon 8/27/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum
...the last thing they needed to do was hype this event.

Ticket sales were so smooth when they just went unannounced and started one day..

BA is probably in OMGMeltdown mode over this.

Jegross and dontcounttoday will be perma-melting within the hour over it. They really couldnt have picked a worse weekend for me as I will be deep in the Smokeyís camping all weekend.

TheAlum
premium
beers 6373 º places 10 º 07:06 Mon 8/27/2012

Originally posted by Tooch4321
Nope, I just randomly checked Brown Paper Tickets this morning, I did the same thing last year...

They are hyping it a bit on the Facebook this morning.

Tooch4321
beers 11 º 07:20 Mon 8/27/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum
Originally posted by Tooch4321

They are hyping it a bit on the Facebook this morning.

Oh snap! I hope this doesnít become one of those DLD type situations where itís impossible to get tickets. Boo-urns, I say, boo-urns...

NobleSquirrel
beers 3438 º places 209 º 07:22 Mon 8/27/2012

Okay, so Iíve gotten some clarification overall regarding the changes for FoBAB. First, the Plumberís Union Hall was an impossibility this year. Apparently, the Hall reneged on ICBG and said they couldnít have the weekend that they needed. As a result, a new site was sought. FWIW, the guy that handles FoBAB, scheduling and logistics, lives near OíHare. And doesnít drive to beer events. It is very inconvenient for him as well. Anyway, with all of this being said, the new venue is larger than the Plumberís Hall, apparently. There will be more tickets available this year as well. Thatís all I have for right now, once I have more info, Iíll fill yíall in.

NobleSquirrel
beers 3438 º places 209 º 07:23 Mon 8/27/2012

Originally posted by mowz
Just donít get lost and wander over into Englewood. And I would recommend not shouting "Canaryville rules!" whilst in Bridgeport. There are some dicey areas in Pilsen. Also, crime has been increasing in the Little Italy/UIC íhood. Chinatown, Fuller Park, IIT area, & Back of the Yards? Eh. Depends when you wander into those areas.

Englewood is quite a hike from Bridgeport. There are dicey areas everywhere. 2 blocks from where I live is gang turf, my street is full of families and old school immigrants. Itís a city. Just sayin.

hombrepalo
beers 1956 º places 148 º 09:13 Mon 8/27/2012

No early ticket purchasing for ICBG members?

NobleSquirrel
beers 3438 º places 209 º 09:16 Mon 8/27/2012

Originally posted by hombrepalo
No early ticket purchasing for ICBG members?

I presume you mean IMBIBE? I donít recall if they had a pre-sale in the past. I know a few years ago they did free IMBIBE entrance for charter members.