RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Non-US | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Freiburg beer

read 537 times • 7 replies • posted 3/31/2013 9:36:12 PM

Thread Frozen

premium
Lowenbrau 1954:177
Few years ago i spend a night in some place in Freiburg, SW Germany, and had some mugs of a local beer i just can´t remember its name. It was poured in pottery mugs.
The place where i had this beer, is this one, "Freiburg Paradise":
http://www.paradies-freiburg.de/en/
Any idea about the beer?
Private message Send the author a private message

Erlangernick 1:2
Page 11 of their menu might give you a clue.
4/1/2013 5:43:02 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
I didn´t notice, thanks. But anyway, i remember the bartender telling me taht that beer was a local and maybe a seasonal one. Does any of the ones listed fulfill this?
4/1/2013 4:50:12 PM

premium
Sigmund 5129:143
According to the menu and your (lack of) description, it could be any beer from this brewery http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/furstlich-furstenbergische-brauerei/767/ . The brewery is in Donaueschingen and not in Freiburg, though.
Or, as your visit was "few years ago", the selection of beers at this place may have changed altogether.
4/1/2013 11:16:01 PM

As Sigmund says, none of the ones on the menu are "local". The big brewery in town, Ganter, would’ve been my first suspicion, but then again, who knows? If you were a tourist there, they might’ve thought that Fürstenbergische would be "local" to you, since it’s from the same state, anyway.
4/2/2013 12:05:30 AM

premium
I remember the beer being a bit malty, some amber, and served in pottery mugs. I should check the Fürstenbergische beers.
Thanks.
4/2/2013 6:36:53 AM

TreinJan 4:178
That description could also fit the Riegeler Landbier - if that is from Riegele (Augsburg) however, it is even less local than Fürstenberg.
4/2/2013 7:09:15 AM

Originally posted by TreinJan
That description could also fit the Riegeler Landbier - if that is from Riegele (Augsburg) however, it is even less local than Fürstenberg.

You know I hate to nitpick(!), but...that’s supposedly brewed by or at Fürstenberg.
4/2/2013 9:25:47 AM

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search