RateBeer

Freiburg beer

read 559 times • 7 replies •

Thread Frozen

Lowenbrau
premium
beers 2676 º places 234 º 21:36 Sun 3/31/2013

Few years ago i spend a night in some place in Freiburg, SW Germany, and had some mugs of a local beer i just can´t remember its name. It was poured in pottery mugs.
The place where i had this beer, is this one, "Freiburg Paradise":
http://www.paradies-freiburg.de/en/
Any idea about the beer?

Erlangernick
beers 1 º places 2 º 05:43 Mon 4/1/2013

Page 11 of their menu might give you a clue.

Lowenbrau
premium
beers 2676 º places 234 º 16:50 Mon 4/1/2013

I didn´t notice, thanks. But anyway, i remember the bartender telling me taht that beer was a local and maybe a seasonal one. Does any of the ones listed fulfill this?

Sigmund
premium
beers 5796 º places 170 º 23:16 Mon 4/1/2013

According to the menu and your (lack of) description, it could be any beer from this brewery http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/furstlich-furstenbergische-brauerei/767/ . The brewery is in Donaueschingen and not in Freiburg, though.
Or, as your visit was "few years ago", the selection of beers at this place may have changed altogether.

Erlangernick
beers 1 º places 2 º 00:05 Tue 4/2/2013

As Sigmund says, none of the ones on the menu are "local". The big brewery in town, Ganter, would’ve been my first suspicion, but then again, who knows? If you were a tourist there, they might’ve thought that Fürstenbergische would be "local" to you, since it’s from the same state, anyway.

Lowenbrau
premium
beers 2676 º places 234 º 06:36 Tue 4/2/2013

I remember the beer being a bit malty, some amber, and served in pottery mugs. I should check the Fürstenbergische beers.
Thanks.

TreinJan
beers 4 º places 178 º 07:09 Tue 4/2/2013

That description could also fit the Riegeler Landbier - if that is from Riegele (Augsburg) however, it is even less local than Fürstenberg.

Erlangernick
beers 1 º places 2 º 09:25 Tue 4/2/2013

Originally posted by TreinJan
That description could also fit the Riegeler Landbier - if that is from Riegele (Augsburg) however, it is even less local than Fürstenberg.

You know I hate to nitpick(!), but...that’s supposedly brewed by or at Fürstenberg.