Friday 11th Sep 2015: Shires Virtual Bar

Reads 8445 • Replies 223 • Started Thursday, September 3, 2015 4:45:28 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 03:11 Fri 9/4/2015

hi jezza .

i’m from london thus i can not tolerate these small hillbilly places

thanks

Originally posted by RichTheVillan
Only got Welsh beers in stock, enough to keep daylight between Jezza and I.

They have shires in wales. Denbighshire, flintshire, carmarthenshire, monmouthshire and pembrokeshire.

You know what, I will look at this tonight and try and produce a list of welsh counties and breweries to see if I can complete them all. I will start a new thread for it.

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener

They have shires in wales. Denbighshire, flintshire, carmarthenshire, monmouthshire and pembrokeshire.

You know what, I will look at this tonight and try and produce a list of welsh counties and breweries to see if I can complete them all. I will start a new thread for it.

Welsh beers are welcome, I even mentioned Flintshire in my original post. I look forward to your research Martin and will use it to pick my way around Wales.

Rich, I am fairly close to your Welsh rating total and I too have some bottles in my stash (I will see if any come from ’Shires’ and open them during the evening if they are. It is my intension to start with a Scottish beer from Ayrshire first though and progress through the alphabet as best I can.

<*))))))><

Originally posted by Gary
hi jezza .

i’m from london thus i can not tolerate these small hillbilly places

thanks

You could try, just for once.

<*))))))><

May I propose that you check this on Quaffale on this page :-
http://www.quaffale.org.uk/php/countymenu/S

I am not sure that he is totally up to date, but must be very close..

Middlesex has almost 5 Real Ale breweries with each 100 sq miles (according to quaffale): who knew that?

<*))))))><

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 04:44 Fri 9/4/2015

Yeah i am in. Thornbridge from Derbyshire should keep me entertained

Originally posted by imdownthepub

May I propose that you check this on Quaffale on this page :-
http://www.quaffale.org.uk/php/countymenu/S

I am not sure that he is totally up to date, but must be very close..

Cheers Glen. I always find their lists quite useful for the UK breweries.

Originally posted by harrisoni
Yeah i am in. Thornbridge from Derbyshire should keep me entertained

Good, I have three of their beers currently in my stash and Derbyshire will be my ’D’ Shire on the day.

Ayrshire, Cheshire, Derbyshire all accounted for so far (can’t be arsed with Bedfordshire, Berks or Bucks).

<*))))))><

I will see what they have at B&M. The only beers I have in at the moment are Greater Manchester which is a bastard county like the west midlands.