RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Homebrew | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Fruit beer question

read 923 times • 16 replies • posted 1/12/2013 8:28:17 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

Quasimodo 217:
You can gradually add it to the bottling bucket before adding priming sugar and sample it until you get the sweetness you want. Itís potent stuff. One little packet in a 12oz cup of coffee is fairly sweet and two packets is very sweet. I canít give you a good answer on exactly how much to add.
1/15/2013 10:34:15 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
NobleSquirrel 3437:209
Iíd taste Splenda mixed with something before adding it to your beer. It has an odd taste to it as well.
1/15/2013 4:12:04 PM

bitbucket 2159:63
Originally posted by Quasimodo
You can gradually add it to the bottling bucket before adding priming sugar and sample it until you get the sweetness you want. Itís potent stuff. One little packet in a 12oz cup of coffee is fairly sweet and two packets is very sweet. I canít give you a good answer on exactly how much to add.

I made a framboise clone for my wife. We started by adding a little bit of Splenda to a glass of the finished beer just to prove out the basic idea and to get a ballpark amount. I then added Splenda to the corny keg, incrementally, with tastes. I forget how much I added at a time.
1/15/2013 7:50:45 PM

bitbucket 2159:63
Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
Iíd taste Splenda mixed with something before adding it to your beer. It has an odd taste to it as well.

A little brett and lacto will fix this.
1/15/2013 7:53:15 PM

sylvia40 1:
I bottled the framboise today, about 10 days after brewing. I have no idea what the ABV is, but the F.G. was 1.010. Started out at 1.061 before adding 6.5 lbs of raspberries, so maybe that kicked it up a percent or so. Final yield was just under 6 gallons. It tastes sour and tart, just the way I wanted it. Not too far off from the Cranberry Lambic Boston Brewing used to produce at Christmas time. Itís pinkish colored, and if I add sugar to the glass after pouring I can drink it sweet I I feel like a wine cooler. Splenda kinda scares me. Iím very pleased with this experiment in fruit beer brewing, and I want to thank the folks who offered their assistance. Cheers!
1/21/2013 3:53:44 PM

Quasimodo 217:
If you said you wanted it sour and tart we could have skipped the Splenda talk.
1/21/2013 3:58:59 PM

Home > Forums > Homebrew

Page 1 | 2

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add