GABF Roll Call

Reads 4941 • Replies 64 • Started Monday, September 21, 2015 8:39:19 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 00:56 Wed 9/23/2015

Originally posted by notalush
Originally posted by DalzAle
Back for the first time since 2010, and excited to be back in Denver. Anything new food/beer or otherwise I should be guiding our gang to while in town?

Here is a link to a pretty comprehensive list of events going on this week.

http://brewtallyinsane.com/2015/08/27/gabf-2015-calendar/

Lots of new breweries and bars have opened in town since 2010. Hit me up if you have questions and I can give you some recommendations.

What would you recommend for new stuff in the last year or so? I have been out here a few times, been to Crooked stave and Epic, river north and other places.

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 02:25 Wed 9/23/2015

Not me, been cheerfully avoiding it for decades now.

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 16:12 Wed 9/23/2015

You might not like it Nick, no Kellerbier.

Beer list has been posted to the app.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 16:19 Wed 9/23/2015

Awesome! Need to kill three hours in the hotel room before what the funk

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 16:23 Wed 9/23/2015

Originally posted by DietPepsican

Crank the AC and chug a half-pint of Evan Williams.

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 16:36 Wed 9/23/2015

Rest easy - I will not be attending.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 16:55 Wed 9/23/2015

Originally posted by brokensail
Originally posted by DietPepsican

Crank the AC and chug a half-pint of Evan Williams.

Way ahead of you

notalush
beers 7100 º places 452 º 17:48 Wed 9/23/2015

Originally posted by JK
Originally posted by DalzAle
Back for the first time since 2010, and excited to be back in Denver. Anything new food/beer or otherwise I should be guiding our gang to while in town?

Here is a link to a pretty comprehensive list of events going on this week.

http://brewtallyinsane.com/2015/08/27/gabf-2015-calendar/

Lots of new breweries and bars have opened in town since 2010. Hit me up if you have questions and I can give you some recommendations.

What would you recommend for new stuff in the last year or so? I have been out here a few times, been to Crooked stave and Epic, river north and other places.

I really like Beryl’s, which is right around the corner from Epic. A few other places have opened in that neighborhood in the last year, as well, like Spangalang (former Great Divide employees) and Ratio Beer Works, both of which are okay, but not great.

Mockery is another spot basically right across the street from The Source that has been making some good stuff. Great Divide just opened their Barrel Bar right next door, so that’s another excuse to stop over there.

Some of the better places that have opened recently are not very close to downtown, such as Fermaentra, which is near the DU campus. I’ve been impressed with some beers from Call to Arms recently, which is a small place pretty far from downtown (but not far from other quality beer spots, like Hops and Pie) that was recently opened by some guys who used to brew for Avery.

If you didn’t make it to either when you were here last, I’d highly recommend both Hogshead and Station 26. Both are off the beaten path a litte (and in opposite directions from downtown), but both are worth a trip. Station 26 is probably making the best IPAs in the state right now, and Hogshead, IMHO, makes some of the best British-style ales in the country.

Lots of other options. PM me with preferences and I can try to make other recommendations.

3fourths
beers 9492 º places 1576 º 18:10 Wed 9/23/2015

Station 26 is probably making the best IPAs in the state right now

These guys are skilled, and the fire station building is one of the better places to drink in Denver.

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 18:44 Wed 9/23/2015

Cool i will have to get to Fermantra. I am staying in Cherry Creek so that area is easy. Just left Jagged Mountain and drinking at Ratio right now.