Gaming and beer

Reads 2062 • Replies 35 • Started Sunday, February 3, 2013 8:04:31 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

JLLSU
beers 238 º places 1 º 03:40 Mon 2/4/2013

There is a buzz level where my BLOPS skills get really good, but it’s a very fine line between that level and the one where they turn to crap.

undsioux7
beers 874 º places 12 º 06:37 Mon 2/4/2013

Originally posted by JLLSU
There is a buzz level where my BLOPS skills get really good, but it’s a very fine line between that level and the one where they turn to crap.

Exactly. I have one or two beers and It loosens me up and I play better, but then my skill level drops rather quickly at three or more beers. Then I just play Like a noob and my reactions are so much slower. It’s especially hard playing the fast twitch games like Cod or NHL. It’s a two beer limit for me when playing Xbox.

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 06:49 Mon 2/4/2013

I think Treyarch was drinking when they made Blops2, the game is garbage.

budznsudz
beers 584 º places 9 º 06:56 Mon 2/4/2013

Originally posted by miketd

What makes you say that? Are you referring to the campaign or multiplayer or both ?

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 06:56 Mon 2/4/2013

When one is always drinking beer and sometimes playing video games, it would make sense that while playing video games, one is also drinking beer.

With that said, usually Heady Topper while playing Diablo 3. Also my kegerator is reachable from my computer desk so I’ll just drink whatever is on tap.

budznsudz
beers 584 º places 9 º 06:57 Mon 2/4/2013

Originally posted by JLLSU

I agree, if I drink and get a little buzz it puts me in the zone but at a certain point my decision making becomes impared.

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 07:17 Mon 2/4/2013

Originally posted by budznsudz

What makes you say that? Are you referring to the campaign or multiplayer or both ?

I mostly play multiplayer.

Lag and hit detection are both fucked, freezing up xbox while loading maps, multiple host migrations during game, takes a long time to join game, people appearing out of nowhere and kill cam is complete BS compared to live game. I could go on and the last two are related to the lag problem.

Just my experience, but I know others feel the same.

fletche00
08:02 Mon 2/4/2013

I love having a nice Stout while playing League of Legends, its very rewards to have a big boy stout while stomping trolls!

budznsudz
beers 584 º places 9 º 08:19 Mon 2/4/2013

Lag and hit detection are both fucked, freezing up xbox while loading maps, multiple host migrations during game, takes a long time to join game, people appearing out of nowhere and kill cam is complete BS compared to live game. I could go on and the last two are related to the lag problem.

I’ve been playing multiplayer since Cod 4 and have enjoyed every iteration to date. I agree with you about alot of the above and I feel that blops2 has some of the worst spawning of any Cod to date. I get spawn killed constantly. I think this is due to the increasing complexity of the multiplayer with score streaks etc. All that being said, I still get a great deal of enjoyment from the multiplayer. I haven’t played a campaign since MW2.

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 08:30 Mon 2/4/2013

I’ve been playing multiplayer since Cod 4 and have enjoyed every iteration to date. I agree with you about alot of the above and I feel that blops2 has some of the worst spawning of any Cod to date. I get spawn killed constantly. I think this is due to the increasing complexity of the multiplayer with score streaks etc. All that being said, I still get a great deal of enjoyment from the multiplayer. I haven’t played a campaign since MW2.

I think the spawning is a problem because of the tiny maps, but I agree with you that the spawns suck(along with the maps).

I’m an older guy and started back gaming when Blops 1 came out. I loved that game, hated MW3 and not thrilled with the second iteration of Blops... but there are some things to like. If they fix the lag and hit detection, I can ignore the other problems.