Gaming and beer

Reads 2054 • Replies 35 • Started Sunday, February 3, 2013 8:04:31 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

finn1918
beers 241 º places 12 º 08:45 Mon 2/4/2013

Played Skyrim in January with the heat turned off and a 20 oz pint filled to the brim with SA Norse Legend. Doesn’t get much better than that.

budznsudz
beers 584 º places 9 º 09:20 Mon 2/4/2013

Originally posted by finn1918
Played Skyrim in January with the heat turned off and a 20 oz pint filled to the brim with SA Norse Legend. Doesn’t get much better than that.

Pretty epic

budznsudz
beers 584 º places 9 º 09:21 Mon 2/4/2013

Originally posted by miketd
Originally posted by budznsudz
I think Treyarch was drinking when they made Blops2, the game is garbage.

What makes you say that? Are you referring to the campaign or multiplayer or both ?

I mostly play multiplayer.

Lag and hit detection are both fucked, freezing up xbox while loading maps, multiple host migrations during game, takes a long time to join game, people appearing out of nowhere and kill cam is complete BS compared to live game. I could go on and the last two are related to the lag problem.

Just my experience, but I know others feel the same.

I’ve been playing multiplayer since Cod 4 and have enjoyed every iteration to date. I agree with you about alot of the above and I feel that blops2 has some of the worst spawning of any Cod to date. I get spawn killed constantly. I think this is due to the increasing complexity of the multiplayer with score streaks etc. All that being said, I still get a great deal of enjoyment from the multiplayer. I haven’t played a campaign since MW2.

I think the spawning is a problem because of the tiny maps, but I agree with you that the spawns suck(along with the maps).

I’m an older guy and started back gaming when Blops 1 came out. I loved that game, hated MW3 and not thrilled with the second iteration of Blops... but there are some things to like. If they fix the lag and hit detection, I can ignore the other problems.

Do you play on PS3 or Xbox?

keanex
beers 1802 º places 65 º 09:41 Mon 2/4/2013

I am playing League of Legends and am enjoying a homebrewed milk stout.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 09:48 Mon 2/4/2013

What makes you say that? Are you referring to the campaign or multiplayer or both ?

Lag and hit detection are both fucked, freezing up xbox while loading maps, multiple host migrations during game, takes a long time to join game, people appearing out of nowhere and kill cam is complete BS compared to live game. I could go on and the last two are related to the lag problem.

The lag is terrible but I’m getting better at cheating death. I run pretty much any LMG and get a 1.5 KDR+ average over the course of a session anymore. I used to be a run and gun player that used SMG’s exclusively, but you just can’t do that unless you’re host in the game and you have a second or so advantage on people. Assault rifles have a place in this game too, shotguns are fun just for being an idiot. Hardcore throws everything out of the window but I still feel like LMG’s are the best guns in the game currently. It’s not like I’ve gotten worse either, I can pop in the original black ops or MW3 and get a moab or call in dogs over a few hours of playing if I really try for it.

As far as killstreaks...yeah. What the fuck were they thinking? MW3 had it right. If you just spawned, killstreaks don’t kill you. Any time nuketown comes up I just over to UAV -->loadster ----> swarm/dogs. If you can camp 7-10 kills to get a loadster, you’re pretty much guaranteed to get 3 or 4 people respawned trapped over and over and over, racking up dogs. Sure, everyone quits, but you basically break the game with that combo on any small map. this is especially true on games types like demolition. How they haven’t nerfed that is beyond me. Anyways, gamertags:

ps3 - randomgarbage
360 - flairbear
wii U - randomgarbage

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 10:06 Mon 2/4/2013

I’ve been playing multiplayer since Cod 4 and have enjoyed every iteration to date. I agree with you about alot of the above and I feel that blops2 has some of the worst spawning of any Cod to date. I get spawn killed constantly. I think this is due to the increasing complexity of the multiplayer with score streaks etc. All that being said, I still get a great deal of enjoyment from the multiplayer. I haven’t played a campaign since MW2.

I think the spawning is a problem because of the tiny maps, but I agree with you that the spawns suck(along with the maps).

I’m an older guy and started back gaming when Blops 1 came out. I loved that game, hated MW3 and not thrilled with the second iteration of Blops... but there are some things to like. If they fix the lag and hit detection, I can ignore the other problems.

Do you play on PS3 or Xbox?

Xbox.

I just got done playing about 6-7 games, and it’s frustrating as hell. My KD is 1.25 and SPM is 290. Those numbers are not very good, but it is like work getting it even that high.

miketd1971 if any of you drinking gamers want to add me. I usually run lone wolf, but wouldn’t mind trying a party.

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 10:12 Mon 2/4/2013

Originally posted by randomgarbage

The lag is terrible but I’m getting better at cheating death. I run pretty much any LMG and get a 1.5 KDR+ average over the course of a session anymore. I used to be a run and gun player that used SMG’s exclusively, but you just can’t do that unless you’re host in the game and you have a second or so advantage on people. Assault rifles have a place in this game too, shotguns are fun just for being an idiot. Hardcore throws everything out of the window but I still feel like LMG’s are the best guns in the game currently. It’s not like I’ve gotten worse either, I can pop in the original black ops or MW3 and get a moab or call in dogs over a few hours of playing if I really try for it.

As far as killstreaks...yeah. What the fuck were they thinking? MW3 had it right. If you just spawned, killstreaks don’t kill you. Any time nuketown comes up I just over to UAV -->loadster ----> swarm/dogs. If you can camp 7-10 kills to get a loadster, you’re pretty much guaranteed to get 3 or 4 people respawned trapped over and over and over, racking up dogs. Sure, everyone quits, but you basically break the game with that combo on any small map. this is especially true on games types like demolition. How they haven’t nerfed that is beyond me. Anyways, gamertags:

ps3 - randomgarbage
360 - flairbear
wii U - randomgarbage

I don’t know why, but trying for diamond SMGs. So that is pretty much all I use now. It sucks to shoot a guy 4 times in the neck, so he can hip fire his shotgun and kill me instantly. That and being able to rapid fire a sniper rifle. Good stuff, 3 Arch

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 10:31 Mon 2/4/2013

I don’t know why, but trying for diamond SMGs. So that is pretty much all I use now. It sucks to shoot a guy 4 times in the neck, so he can hip fire his shotgun and kill me instantly. That and being able to rapid fire a sniper rifle. Good stuff, 3 Arch

Going for gold/diamond camos has made the game playable for me. Setting up classes to get head shots then setting a class to do the no attachment/no perk 150 kills gives me a good excuse for my shitty kill/death. I wouldn’t want to try it with SMG’s unless you play hardcore a lot. Even then, I’m terrible at headshots with most of the SMG’s.

budznsudz
beers 584 º places 9 º 10:43 Mon 2/4/2013

Originally posted by randomgarbage

Going for gold/diamond camos has made the game playable for me. Setting up classes to get head shots then setting a class to do the no attachment/no perk 150 kills gives me a good excuse for my shitty kill/death. I wouldn’t want to try it with SMG’s unless you play hardcore a lot. Even then, I’m terrible at headshots with most of the SMG’s.

I’m working on diamand camos myself. I have the dsr-50 and svu druganov goldens as well as gold r870 and mp7. I noticed that I get more headshots if I slap a target finder on an smg.

budznsudz
beers 584 º places 9 º 10:44 Mon 2/4/2013

Gamertags:
Xbox: CARCASS GRIND3R
Ps3: AngelOvDeath