Gänstaller Rumours?

Reads 462 • Replies 10 • Started Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:24:43 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 23:24 Tue 9/10/2013

They want to tear down the Drei Kronen Gaststätte? They’re moving to Florida?

Wild, irresponsible speculation aside, I may head up there today to clarify in person.

theRunningBoar
23:41 Tue 9/10/2013

Wow, I’m interested to learn more. Didn’t they move (albeit locally) two years ago? They didn’t even get into the bottling phase they talked about, right?

Curious to see how they’d fare in Florida though.

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 23:57 Tue 9/10/2013

No, there’s no real rumour about moving to Florida. That’s just hyperbole on my part, hoping to motivate SOMEONE who might know more about the real story to chime in.

He stopped brewing at Beck’s in Trabelsdorf a couple or three years ago in favour of Friedel’s in Schnaid, with a step function-type improvement in the beers IME. No idea about bottling, but I don’t really try to keep up.

Hope to bus up there for a late afternoon session today.

theRunningBoar
00:10 Wed 9/11/2013

Har, would be fun to get an Ur-Franconian to settle in F. Even though I place it a joke, the hyerbole was lost on me in the end.

Please share what you find out, Germany (thankfully) is largely absent from the daily internet life.

Would also explain them not being at Borefts this year. Was in hopes to try the Baltic Porter!

Koelschtrinker
beers 28835 º places 22 º 02:13 Wed 9/11/2013

Afaik rumours about Drei Kronen Gaststätte are true. Don’t know about the moving, though.

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 02:23 Wed 9/11/2013

Originally posted by Koelschtrinker
Afaik rumours about Drei Kronen Gaststätte are true. Don’t know about the moving, though.

What do know about the Gaststätte? They want to give it up to someone else?

Moving to Mallorca would be more likely than Florida, come to think of it.

rauchbierlover
beers 3459 º places 336 º 05:02 Wed 9/11/2013

Which rumors are you talking about? It would be nice to let also others users know ;)

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 09:33 Wed 9/11/2013

Manuela & Andy are terminating their lease of the Drei Kronen as of 31 December. It’s a sad situation, since they’re doing really well there, but the landlord has placed unreasonable demands on the details of how they they should run their business, infringing on their personal aspirations.

They hope to find a new Gaststätte/tavern to run, but until then, focus on brewing. (Suggestions to find a place in Erlangen were received as they should be.)

Get there while the gettin’s good - booked a group of Ca 40 people today, in fact.

rauchbierlover
beers 3459 º places 336 º 09:56 Wed 9/11/2013

That’s really sad. But if I do not wrong there are plenty of places free in Franken. Like Wagner, Schwarzes Kreuz....

theRunningBoar
12:01 Wed 9/11/2013

Sad and happy, maybe we can get some more kegs or casks for Europe in the meantime! Will try to get down there before end of the year again, let’s see!
But thankfully they’ll continue.

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 23:55 Wed 9/11/2013

Originally posted by rauchbierlover
That’s really sad. But if I do not wrong there are plenty of places free in Franken. Like Wagner, Schwarzes Kreuz....

Well, see, he’s got an operating brewery in Schnaid now, so doesn’t have to find a *brewery*. Just a tavern to run, presumably without costing a fortune. Schwarzes Kreuz is still operating as a tavern AFAIK, just not brewing because they’d have to invest thousands (many?) of € in a new what’s-it’s in order to satisfy the health department regulations that shut them down, for example. (Serving Greif Bier.)