RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Non-US | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Germany - brewers fear beer price war!

read 4959 times • 87 replies • posted 4/22/2013 2:56:30 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Erlangernick 1:2
Originally posted by lberges
Guest beer is a good british tradition. Rare in Germany because many bars are bound by contract. Wonder what brewdog will serve. Another UK beer? A major German? Or something more interesting, something better than brewdog?

Schorsch?
5/10/2013 1:21:04 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
MannyGoldberg 161:6
Regular guests on tap in the UK bars at the moment include The Kernel, Birra del Borgo, Mikkeller, De Molen, Brodies, Beavertown.

In the past I have sampled Firestone Walker, Lagunitas, Cantillon, Evil Twin, Southern Tier, Flying Dog and various small batch Scottish brewers (Cromarty, Tempest etc.) in their bars.

I would be surprised if they did not stock the new German craft stuff (Hopfenstopfer etc.) and hopefully we would get some sent over here. :-)

5/10/2013 2:43:59 AM

premium
Nightfall 1307:39
Iíve seen Fritz IPA on tap in Greece and if i remember correctly on Denmark too, so I have no doubt that it will appear in other countries too. Here in Hamburg the best craft beer restaurant has Fritzís Imperial IPA on tap very often : http://altes-maedchen.de/speisekarte/ , however I donít remember ever seeing any of the hopfenstopfer series on Tap
5/10/2013 3:37:50 AM

premium
If Brewdog Berlin does happen you might end up being able to get hold of Oskar Blues.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/beer/2013/03/12/oskar-blues-bound-for-brewdog-pubs-in-uk/8833/
5/14/2013 4:54:52 AM

rauchbierlover 596:119
Originally posted by MannyGoldberg
If Brewdog Berlin does happen you might end up being able to get hold of Oskar Blues.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/beer/2013/03/12/oskar-blues-bound-for-brewdog-pubs-in-uk/8833/

[sarcasm mode on] Wow! We really cannot wait to have it in Berlin!!![sarcasm mode off]
5/14/2013 11:50:39 AM

premium
I donít understand that response. Itís a tasty beer.

The bad news is itíll probably be stale by the time it gets to this side of the Atlantic.
5/20/2013 9:25:52 AM

Do you really think germans could be interested in BrewDog? Furthermore, do you really think germans could be interested in Oskar Blues? I repeat what I said some time ago

In a country that invented Mahrís U, why should people be interested in pineapple, resin-tasting IPA???

BrewDog pub in Berlin is just a place for beery tourists who cannot appreciate german beers and really donít know what and where to drink in Berlin.

Just my two cents
5/20/2013 11:50:41 AM

Erlangernick 1:2
Originally posted by rauchbierlover
Do you really think germans could be interested in BrewDog? Furthermore, do you really think germans could be interested in Oskar Blues? I repeat what I said some time ago

In a country that invented Mahrís U, why should people be interested in pineapple, resin-tasting IPA???

BrewDog pub in Berlin is just a place for beery tourists who cannot appreciate german beers and really donít know what and where to drink in Berlin.

Just my two cents

Bit of a generalisation there, isnít it? Obviously, *some* Germans do have interest in beer brewed outside the borders of their country, or placees like bierkompass and bierzwerg wouldnít do what they do.
5/20/2013 11:41:45 PM

Yes, some. But weíre talking about Berlin. Thereís a big difference between places like Hops&Barley/Heiden Paters and a Eckkneipen. Sometimes itís hard for retailers even to sell a Tannenzšpfle. You cannot compare the "beer-scene" of Berlin/Germany with those of other countries. I met *some* people appreciating IPAs (in Bier Kombinat), but just two hopheads in 4 years itís not enough, isnít it?
5/21/2013 3:29:55 AM

McWorta 596:106
They do all good beers so I kind of understand when you hav been brought up with it you stick to it. But I met more and more germans being interested in different beers, the hard bit is they start always comparing it to their childhood beers which cannot be right! You cannot and shall not compare a pils with a barley wine! No no no! And I suppose that is really the problem... to appreciate diversity in its full facettes.
And I would disagree that german beers are all the same or similar as previously suggested... holy moly - that definitely ainít true!
5/23/2013 11:27:48 AM

Home > Forums > Non-US

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers