RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Orlando | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Get In This Thread for College Football 2012

read 53360 times • 927 replies • posted 10/1/2012 2:04:43 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93

premium
hopscotch 8783:221
Put my name on the list of people rooting for Miami. I will never root for Notre Dame... ever.

Unfortunately, this game airs at the exact same time WVU vs Texas kicks off. Two of the nationís youngest and worst defenses playing at the same time. Weíll hereís hoping Miami and WVU can outscore the opposition. NDís and Texasí OCs are drooling right about now.

At least I can watch the Georgia vs SC game beforehand. Iím gonna eat a lot of BBQ and Tex Mex this weekend.
10/2/2012 3:59:54 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
JoeinEscazķ 1325:278
I donít see Georgia beating SC. Actually I donít see anyone beating SC until Alabama does in Atlanta. But Iím hugely biased by Mizzouís bad loss to the Cocks, whereas we were able to play with Georgia for 2-1/2 quarters.

Had a great time in Orlando, by the way. Never found JJís tailgate but some others lent me much needed sunscreen and a bottle opener. Holy shit it was hot though. UCF is a good team and nearly won, but obviously a couple of plays made the difference. Crowd and scene has potential, just needs more people. Thatíll come with wins. Not sure Iíd panic about OíLeary, these things arenít built overnight.
10/2/2012 1:57:15 PM

premium
West Virginia just scored again.
10/3/2012 7:14:03 AM

premium
TheAlum 5530:10
Originally posted by hopscotch
West Virginia just scored again and was promptly scored on in return.
10/3/2012 7:22:10 AM

premium
MlhopeTC 18
Originally posted by JoeinEscazķ
I donít see Georgia beating SC. Actually I donít see anyone beating SC until Alabama does in Atlanta. But Iím hugely biased by Mizzouís bad loss to the Cocks, whereas we were able to play with Georgia for 2-1/2 quarters.

Had a great time in Orlando, by the way. Never found JJís tailgate but some others lent me much needed sunscreen and a bottle opener. Holy shit it was hot though. UCF is a good team and nearly won, but obviously a couple of plays made the difference. Crowd and scene has potential, just needs more people. Thatíll come with wins. Not sure Iíd panic about OíLeary, these things arenít built overnight.

But 8+ years should be enough, donít you think? We were 5-7 last year in his 7th season. Unacceptable. It has been many many many long nights for UCF fans and we need a change no matter how we do in conference play this year. Our goal isnít to compete in CUSA anymore, we need to have a goal of standing our own against BCS teams. While we put up two close games this season, the coaching issues took away at least one potential win in those two games...
10/3/2012 11:22:54 AM

premium
TheAlum 5530:10
Originally posted by MlhopeTC

But 8+ years should be enough, donít you think? We were 5-7 last year in his 7th season. Unacceptable. It has been many many many long nights for UCF fans and we need a change no matter how we do in conference play this year. Our goal isnít to compete in CUSA anymore, we need to have a goal of standing our own against BCS teams. While we put up two close games this season, the coaching issues took away at least one potential win in those two games...

8+ years with a CUSA budget in a CUSA Conference playing CUSA teams is enough to get you to holding your own against BCS teams??

10/3/2012 11:42:13 AM

premium
JoeinEscazķ 1325:278
But 8+ years should be enough, donít you think?

I donít know, man. UCFís only been Division I for 15 years, right? This seems to be a recurring theme in these threads, but maybe expectations for UCF are a bit on the high side?

The real question is: If you dump OíLeary, what caliber of coach do you think you can get?
10/3/2012 12:31:13 PM

premium
MlhopeTC 18
Originally posted by TheAlum

8+ years with a CUSA budget in a CUSA Conference playing CUSA teams is enough to get you to holding your own against BCS teams??

Well, apparently so. Iím saying the players have the ability (as theyíve shown) but the coaches donít have the coaching skills or game management skills to secure the wins. Weíve been watching this over and over and over in tight games with OíLeary and his staff. They make horrible play calls and decisions (going for two when they shouldnít, kicking a FG when we are down by 21 in the 4th, etc). What Iím saying is we have to at least have a goal of contending week in and week out with BCS schools because we have to do that next year. OíLeary has proven, yet again, this year that he canít coach those games. Did you watch our game against Missouri?!? Iím guessing no, but there was no reason we should have lost that one..
10/3/2012 3:57:09 PM

premium
MlhopeTC 18
But 8+ years should be enough, donít you think?

I donít know, man. UCFís only been Division I for 15 years, right? This seems to be a recurring theme in these threads, but maybe expectations for UCF are a bit on the high side?

The real question is: If you dump OíLeary, what caliber of coach do you think you can get?

Maybe so. But that doesnít make the expectations go away. I believe there are plenty of coaches out there who would do the job better than OíLeary that would love the opportunity. Entering a BCS conference, living in Florida, huge beautiful campus, Florida recruiting, and $1.5 million or higher that we are paying OíLeary each year... That seems like a decent gig to me.
10/3/2012 4:01:13 PM

premium
OíLeary sucks and UCF canít afford to buy him out. C-USA teams get little over $1 million per year from the conference. They have no choice but to keep him throughout the duration of his contract or until their first Big East check is cashed. If they could afford to fire him, they would have after he killed a couple players during late summer drills.

Now, who can they get? I donít know, but the Big East is Proving Grounds for good coaches. Look at all the guys that were coaches in the Big East that moved on to bigger, better things... Greg Schiano (Tampa Bay), Brian Kelly (Notre Dame), Rich Rod (Michigan), Mark Dantonio (Michigan State), Todd Graham (Arizona State). Seriously! There are guys there now who will be moving on as well... Charlie Strong (Louisville), Butch Jones (Cincy), Paul Chryst (Pitt)... look at Wisconsinís offense without him.

UCF could do much, much better... and eventually will.

Just donít give me the "oh, theyíve only been 1-A for 15 years shit." USF? Florida Atlantic? FIU? Theyíve won bowl games already.

OíLeary blows.
10/3/2012 6:19:38 PM

Home > Forums > Orlando

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search
Add A Beer
Add A Brewer