RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Orlando | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Get In This Thread for College Football 2012

read 54008 times • 927 replies • posted 10/1/2012 2:04:43 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93

premium
MlhopeTC 18
Originally posted by hopscotch
OíLeary sucks and UCF canít afford to buy him out. C-USA teams get little over $1 mil per year from the conference. They have no choice but to keep him throughout the duration of his contract... or at least until that (although still mediocre) first, much larger Big East check is cashed. If they could have afforded to fire him, they would have after he killed his second player during late summer drills.

Now, who can they get? I donít know, but the Big East is basically the minor leagues for big time coaches. Look at all the guys that were coaches in the Big East that moved on to bigger and better things... Greg Schiano (TB Bucks), Brian Kelly (Notre Dame), Rich Rod (Michigan), Mark Dantonio (Michigan State), Todd Graham (Arizona State). Seriously! There are guys there now who will be moving on as well... Charlie Strong (Louisville), Butch Jones (Cincy), the dude at Pitt... look where Wisconsin is now, offensively, without him.

UCF could do much, much better... and will. But, eventually, heíll leave.

... and donít give me the "oh, theyíve only been 1-A for 15 years shit. USF? Florida Atlantic? FIU? Theyíve won more bowl games already.

OíLeary blows.

I pretty much agree with everything youíve said. The most important point you made was that there are much much much better coaches out there that we COULD get. And your final point couldnít be more spot on, OíLeary does in fact, blow.
10/3/2012 6:50:59 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
TheAlum 5701:10
Phil Steele bringing out the fire talking crap about WVU and calling for a big win for Texas this weekend..

Starnes. Is. Angry.
10/4/2012 7:38:24 AM

premium
JoeinDahlem 1326:279
Originally posted by MlhopeTC
OíLeary has proven, yet again, this year that he canít coach those games. Did you watch our game against Missouri?!? Iím guessing no, but there was no reason we should have lost that one..

In fact there are three reasons UCF lost that game, even while the offensive play-calling was keeping you IN it. (By that I mean lots of pitches, roll-outs and short passes that took the best advantage of Mizzouís bend-a-hell-of-a-lot -but-hopefully-don ít-break-very-ofte n-in-the-red-zone defense.) Over and over and over it was working. You were moving the ball and keeping possession against us as well as anyone this season not named Spurrier.

Those three reasons: 1) DGB, who made a big play, 2) Marcus Murphy, who made a big play, and 3) Sheldon Richardson, who made a big play. Two TDs and a fumble recovery made by very talented playmakers.

However: Iíd be willing to concede that non-UCF people overrate OíLeary because we have actually heard of him, and it surprises us that we have heard of the coach from UCF.

You compare UCF to USF, FIU and Florida Atlantic, and that seems like apples to apples to me... But your expectations to me sound quite a bit higher than that. As they should be, Iíd think.
10/4/2012 8:26:35 AM

premium
hopscotch 9158:236
Originally posted by TheAlum
Phil Steele bringing out the fire talking crap about WVU and calling for a big win for Texas this weekend..

Starnes. Is. Angry.

Phil Steele is usually right.

Iím still eating TexMex, BBQ and going to the game.
10/4/2012 9:18:38 AM

premium
hopscotch 9158:236
Originally posted by JoeinEscazķ
OíLeary has proven, yet again, this year that he canít coach those games. Did you watch our game against Missouri?!? Iím guessing no, but there was no reason we should have lost that one..

In fact there are three reasons UCF lost that game, even while the offensive play-calling was keeping you IN it. (By that I mean lots of pitches, roll-outs and short passes that took the best advantage of Mizzouís bend-a-hell-of-a-lot -but-hopefully-don ít-break-very-ofte n-in-the-red-zone defense.) Over and over and over it was working. You were moving the ball and keeping possession against us as well as anyone this season not named Spurrier.

Those three reasons: 1) DGB, who made a big play, 2) Marcus Murphy, who made a big play, and 3) Sheldon Richardson, who made a big play. Two TDs and a fumble recovery made by very talented playmakers.

However: Iíd be willing to concede that non-UCF people overrate OíLeary because we have actually heard of him, and it surprises us that we have heard of the coach from UCF.

You compare UCF to USF, FIU and Florida Atlantic, and that seems like apples to apples to me... But your expectations to me sound quite a bit higher than that. As they should be, Iíd think.

No one here knows who DGB, Marcus Murphy or Sheldon Richardson is. Even other SEC schoolsí fans donít know.
10/4/2012 9:21:02 AM

premium
Originally posted by TheAlum

Starnes. Is. Angry.

Phil Steele is usually right.

Iím still eating TexMex, BBQ and going to the game.

Are you seeing Walt? Or is he too short?
10/4/2012 9:22:31 AM

premium
Guyute_Pig 102:45

No one here knows who DGB, Marcus Murphy or Sheldon Richardson is. Even other SEC schoolsí fans donít know.

Any college fan with a clue knows who Dorial is and he should have been tackled right when he caught the ball, that was a gift from the UCF secondary.
10/4/2012 9:31:24 AM

premium
JoeinDahlem 1326:279

Lack of notoriety is irrelevant to my point, but more people know the initials for Dorial Green-Beckham than his full name, and he was the nationís top recruit last year. Marcus Murphy is not yet well known but itís looking promising, with three kick returns for touchdowns so far this year. A receiver named Jeremy Maclin started in much the same way at Missouri. Finally Shelden Richardson is leading all SEC lineman in tackles so if other SEC fans donít know who he is, they had better learn.
10/4/2012 10:04:15 AM

premium
Pretty solid slate this weekend..

Gonna be pretty busy with the wedding tomorrow and Saturday.. so if I donít get a chance, good luck to everyone.. especially Gumby.
10/4/2012 11:02:22 AM

mgumby10 1856:47

Eric youíre a subscriber to Rivals, how have you at least not know who DGB is? #1 rated recruit in the country last year. Richardson was a 5 star that Miami was in for, but he stayed home, as well. Never heard of Murphy though.
10/4/2012 4:07:35 PM

Home > Forums > Orlando

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search
Add A Beer
Add A Brewer