Get In This Thread for College Football 2012

Reads 82085 • Replies 927 • Started Monday, October 1, 2012 2:04:43 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 16:09 Thu 10/4/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum
Pretty solid slate this weekend..

Gonna be pretty busy with the wedding tomorrow and Saturday.. so if I don’t get a chance, good luck to everyone.. especially Gumby.

Have fun at the wedding man and congrats, I had a blast at mine couple weeks ago.

Golden Al will deliver a victory to you. Cheese is gonna be distraught.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 18:02 Thu 10/4/2012

Originally posted by mgumby10

Gonna be pretty busy with the wedding tomorrow and Saturday.. so if I don’t get a chance, good luck to everyone.. especially Gumby.

Have fun at the wedding man and congrats, I had a blast at mine couple weeks ago.

Because he lost to Kentucky? Pretty sure Cheese would like nothing more than ND to lose

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 19:11 Thu 10/4/2012

Because he lost to Kentucky? Pretty sure Cheese would like nothing more than ND to lose

You are indeed correct about ND losing, or is that beating themselves?

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 07:29 Fri 10/5/2012

Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by JoeinEscazú
Originally posted by MlhopeTC
O’Leary has proven, yet again, this year that he can’t coach those games. Did you watch our game against Missouri?!? I’m guessing no, but there was no reason we should have lost that one..

In fact there are three reasons UCF lost that game, even while the offensive play-calling was keeping you IN it. (By that I mean lots of pitches, roll-outs and short passes that took the best advantage of Mizzou’s bend-a-hell-of-a-lot -but-hopefully-don ’t-break-very-ofte n-in-the-red-zone defense.) Over and over and over it was working. You were moving the ball and keeping possession against us as well as anyone this season not named Spurrier.

Those three reasons: 1) DGB, who made a big play, 2) Marcus Murphy, who made a big play, and 3) Sheldon Richardson, who made a big play. Two TDs and a fumble recovery made by very talented playmakers.

However: I’d be willing to concede that non-UCF people overrate O’Leary because we have actually heard of him, and it surprises us that we have heard of the coach from UCF.

You compare UCF to USF, FIU and Florida Atlantic, and that seems like apples to apples to me... But your expectations to me sound quite a bit higher than that. As they should be, I’d think.

No one here knows who DGB, Marcus Murphy or Sheldon Richardson is. Even other SEC schools’ fans don’t know.

Eric you’re a subscriber to Rivals, how have you at least not know who DGB is? #1 rated recruit in the country last year. Richardson was a 5 star that Miami was in for, but he stayed home, as well. Never heard of Murphy though.

Speak of the devil...

DGB was arrested last night, with two other Mizzou players, smoking pot in a Lincoln Navigator. SEC Money!

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 11:54 Fri 10/5/2012

Phil Steele bringing out the fire talking crap about WVU and calling for a big win for Texas this weekend..

Starnes. Is. Angry.

Phil Steele is usually right.

I’m still eating TexMex, BBQ and going to the game.

Are you seeing Walt? Or is he too short?

Meeting up with Walt at Flix on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing (over) him again.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 11:59 Fri 10/5/2012

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Speak of the devil...

DGB was arrested last night, with two other Mizzou players, smoking pot in a Lincoln Navigator. SEC Money!

Cool. Now he’s famous.

Kids are fucking dumb sometimes. I smoked my share of weed but I wasn’t a future NFL prospect trying to establish myself on a middle-tier BCS team. And I sure as hell didn’t do it sitting in the parking lot on campus.

Not a big deal for the team though. No stars there excet him, and he still hasn’t played much. One-game suspension last I heard.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 12:08 Fri 10/5/2012

Originally posted by MlhopeTC
O’Leary has proven, yet again, this year that he can’t coach those games. Did you watch our game against Missouri?!? I’m guessing no, but there was no reason we should have lost that one..

In fact there are three reasons UCF lost that game, even while the offensive play-calling was keeping you IN it. (By that I mean lots of pitches, roll-outs and short passes that took the best advantage of Mizzou’s bend-a-hell-of-a-lot -but-hopefully-don ’t-break-very-ofte n-in-the-red-zone defense.) Over and over and over it was working. You were moving the ball and keeping possession against us as well as anyone this season not named Spurrier.

Those three reasons: 1) DGB, who made a big play, 2) Marcus Murphy, who made a big play, and 3) Sheldon Richardson, who made a big play. Two TDs and a fumble recovery made by very talented playmakers.

However: I’d be willing to concede that non-UCF people overrate O’Leary because we have actually heard of him, and it surprises us that we have heard of the coach from UCF.

You compare UCF to USF, FIU and Florida Atlantic, and that seems like apples to apples to me... But your expectations to me sound quite a bit higher than that. As they should be, I’d think.

No one here knows who DGB, Marcus Murphy or Sheldon Richardson is. Even other SEC schools’ fans don’t know.

Eric you’re a subscriber to Rivals, how have you at least not know who DGB is? #1 rated recruit in the country last year. Richardson was a 5 star that Miami was in for, but he stayed home, as well. Never heard of Murphy though.

Honestly, if WVU isn’t in the running for a kid, I pay no attention. That’s just the way it is.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 12:15 Fri 10/5/2012

Adam - Congrats and have a great time!

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 12:17 Fri 10/5/2012

Speak of the devil...

Cool. Now he’s famous.

Kids are fucking dumb sometimes. I smoked my share of weed but I wasn’t a future NFL prospect trying to establish myself on a middle-tier BCS team. And I sure as hell didn’t do it sitting in the parking lot on campus.

Not a big deal for the team though. No stars there excet him, and he still hasn’t played much. One-game suspension last I heard.

I meant no disrespect to you or Mizzou, but I’ve not heard of those kids this year... and most casual college football fans (the majority) who only watch College GameDay, etc. haven’t heard of them either. If Mizzou were making noise, it would be different.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 13:19 Fri 10/5/2012

Speak of the devil...

Cool. Now he’s famous.

I meant no disrespect to you or Mizzou, but I’ve not heard of those kids this year... and most casual college football fans (the majority) who only watch College GameDay, etc. haven’t heard of them either. If Mizzou were making noise, it would be different.

True. No worries.

So what’s it like, being Missouri’s replacement in the Big Texas league?

On our first year away from the B12: As excited as I am about SEC football, I’m bummed to miss out on Big 12 hoops. I’ve always been a bigger basketball fan than football. SEC basketball schedule is kind of meh. A few really good teams, obviously, but we have no history with them (yet). Whereas Kansas is an ancient hatred.

Beat them for us.