Get In This Thread for College Football 2012

Reads 82083 • Replies 927 • Started Monday, October 1, 2012 2:04:43 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 08:04 Tue 12/4/2012

Originally posted by hopscotch
How much does it suck to sit back and watch Texas A&M go 10-2 in their first SEC season while Mizzou struggled big-time?

Sucked lots. But maybe a little part of me was also rooting for them, since they were the other new guy, and everyone told us and them we couldn’t compete in the SEC.

I find the A&M yells and haircuts and overall homo-geneity to be well on the creepy and quasi-fascistic side... but would love to go see it in person one of these years.

Are WVU fans feeling screwed by the Big 12 for the Pinstripe Bowl, or is the feeling that a 7-5 team can’t be choosy? Wondering if you guys will get the shaft in years to come as the easternmost team/newcomer/not named Texas or Oklahoma.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 08:34 Tue 12/4/2012

Originally posted by JoeinEscazú
How much does it suck to sit back and watch Texas A&M go 10-2 in their first SEC season while Mizzou struggled big-time?

Sucked lots. But maybe a little part of me was also rooting for them, since they were the other new guy, and everyone told us and them we couldn’t compete in the SEC.

I find the A&M yells and haircuts and overall homo-geneity to be well on the creepy and quasi-fascistic side... but would love to go see it in person one of these years.

Are WVU fans feeling screwed by the Big 12 for the Pinstripe Bowl, or is the feeling that a 7-5 team can’t be choosy? Wondering if you guys will get the shaft in years to come as the easternmost team/newcomer/not named Texas or Oklahoma.

But hey, at least you had a better year than Auburn?

Kirby Smart, not quite sure how I would feel about that.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 08:44 Tue 12/4/2012

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig

True! Thanks, I feel better already.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 08:48 Tue 12/4/2012

I’m not sure how other WVU fans are feeling and I try to pay them no mind since I’m a glass-half-full kind of guy while our fanbase is a glass-half-empty whiny bunch. I like the match-up and location. We’ll send a bunch of fans up there because it’s within driving distance and NYC is home to one of our larger alumni chapters. Also, as I stated in a previous post, I would like another shot at Syracuse since we lost to them our last two seasons in the Big East.

Regardless of the bowl we play in, the Big XXII splits up the bowl money evenly... unlike the Big East.

I don’t really think we were screwed this year and don’t think we will be in future years. Like you said, we went 7-5 and had a losing conference record, so we can’t be all whiny about it. The Big XXII doesn’t assign its teams to bowls. The bowls send out invitations and that’s the best one we got. Actually, WVU has a history of being invited to nicer bowls than we sometimes deserve because our fans travel so well.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 08:52 Tue 12/4/2012

Guys, we need to do a Bowl Game pool with confidence points. That’s something I can sink my teeth into as opposed to picking against the spread.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 12:12 Tue 12/4/2012

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 13:49 Tue 12/4/2012

Malzhan?!? Really?

Best quote yet from Cecil Hurt: With Malzhan to Auburn, Arkansas State is going after Calapari’s record in the one and done’s.

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 13:50 Tue 12/4/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--sources--arkansas-to-hire-bret-bielema-195732340.html

Uh.. what??

LOL, wonder if he is going to take back all the negative stuff he said about the SEC now.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 13:51 Tue 12/4/2012

Originally posted by jzzbassman

Malzhan?!? Really?

Best quote yet from Cecil Hurt: With Malzhan to Auburn, Arkansas State is going after Calapari’s record in the one and done’s.

I, for one, am giddy at the thought of more Kristi Malzahn interviews.

*giggle*

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 13:58 Tue 12/4/2012