Get In This Thread for College Football 2012

Reads 82082 • Replies 927 • Started Monday, October 1, 2012 2:04:43 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 16:04 Wed 1/9/2013

Originally posted by jzzbassman
So.....anyone think that any of the Notre Dame homers in the media are going to apologize to Vandy head coach James Franklin after crucifying him for voting the Irish 4th in his regular season coaches ballot?

ummm... NO.

Franklin is going a great job with that program, btw. No athletic director... just a committee, and obviously they don’t sink much of their $19mil/year SEC media distribution into the athletic dept.

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 10:52 Thu 1/10/2013

I’m sad that 3 days after the game BBB hasn’t shown up with the "we beat ourselves" line.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 11:42 Thu 1/10/2013

I’m sad that 3 days after the game BBB hasn’t shown up with the "we beat ourselves" line.

He hasn’t been back since that "we beat ourselves" episode. Couldn’t stand the heat in here. Cheese was bringing the noise hard and heavy. Some people can handle it in here, some people can’t. You have to have thick skin, be prepared to come back with a witty retort at all times, and rep your team win or lose at all times. Flaming needlessly is a requirement, being the first to come here with news of anything bad happening to another thread participant’s team is a must. That’s just how we roll.

Finally, we show respect and give credit when it’s due. Bama guy, you are in the midst of a dynasty and are the tits of college football right now. I used to know that feeling. Big Al is gonna give it back to me eventually.

Mario Cristobal back on Miami’s staff!! Guy is an ace recruiter with huge ties to every school in south Florida. FIU was the dumbest school ever to fire him, he had them going to bowl games and fixed their atrocious academic record. One bad rebuilding year and they can him lol? What do they want down there? No problem, we appreciate it. Huge hire!!

Golden MF Age!

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 11:43 Thu 1/10/2013

In its SEC hoops debut, Mizzou gets a satisfying 84-68 win over the Crimson Tide the day after the pointy-ball national championship. But did anyone in Alabama know or care?

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 13:22 Thu 1/10/2013

Originally posted by JoeinEscazú
In its SEC hoops debut, Mizzou gets a satisfying 84-68 win over the Crimson Tide the day after the pointy-ball national championship. But did anyone in Alabama know or care?

Oh I did!

And the game was close for a lot of it. I really expected a true blowout. We have had so many injuries and lack a true scoring threat. Too many 3 min. stretches where we didn’t make a bucket. Plus Mizzou shot out of their mind on 3’s.

I was encouraged that this Bama team looked more like the team that lost by 2 on the road to Cincy than the team we’ve had lately losing to powerhouses like Mercer.....

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 16:38 Thu 1/10/2013

Oh I did!

And the game was close for a lot of it. I really expected a true blowout. We have had so many injuries and lack a true scoring threat. Too many 3 min. stretches where we didn’t make a bucket. Plus Mizzou shot out of their mind on 3’s.

I was encouraged that this Bama team looked more like the team that lost by 2 on the road to Cincy than the team we’ve had lately losing to powerhouses like Mercer.....

Releford looked unstoppable in the first half. A KC boy who we recruited but couldn’t get. You guys play a fast-paced game, fun to watch.

On Saturday night Mizzou plays at Ole Miss, which is looking decent but hasn’t really played anyone yet. Too bad most of the SEC played so poorly in nonconference, that’s going to hurt everyone in March.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 17:50 Thu 1/10/2013

Big win @ UNC for Canes bball!! 2-0 start in ACC play both road wins! Smell that tourney comin!

Larranaga Age

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 19:28 Thu 1/10/2013

Oh I did!

Releford looked unstoppable in the first half. A KC boy who we recruited but couldn’t get. You guys play a fast-paced game, fun to watch.

On Saturday night Mizzou plays at Ole Miss, which is looking decent but hasn’t really played anyone yet. Too bad most of the SEC played so poorly in nonconference, that’s going to hurt everyone in March.

Dear Mizzou,

Please skull fuck tsun.

Sincerely yours,

CheesedMan

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 23:04 Thu 1/10/2013

Originally posted by mgumby10

Mario Cristobal back on Miami’s staff!! Guy is an ace recruiter with huge ties to every school in south Florida. FIU was the dumbest school ever to fire him, he had them going to bowl games and fixed their atrocious academic record. One bad rebuilding year and they can him lol? What do they want down there? No problem, we appreciate it. Huge hire!!

I’m not happy for this move. Syracuse decides to promote from within when Mario Cristobal is still free agent. I’m not saying that Scott Shafer isn’t a great defensive mind and hasn’t earned his chance, but we needed to make a splash in the ACC. I just don’t see his name swaying out of state recruits like Cristobal could have...Shawn

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 12:05 Fri 1/11/2013

Why is CheeseMan now CheesedMan and pepsican now pepsiedcan?