RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Global Warming and Beer Distribution

read 1530 times • 37 replies • posted 10/8/2012 2:30:49 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

ContemplateBeer 1507:109
Originally posted by konstifik
America is world leading (which in this case means worst in the world) in CO2-emissions per capita. Distribution of craft beer is probably not a big contribution to that.
That craft beer probably isnít a big contributor may be true, but a worldwide cap on emissions would have some effect on distribution, no?
10/8/2012 5:15:48 PM

Private message send the author a private message

Besides our Swedish friend, there hasnít been a real attempt by anyone to answer what was put forth.

Is everyone really so dismissive that this scenario is a possibility? Is it possible, perhaps, that those who want to "go green" are really afraid to do so in regards to their beer?
10/8/2012 5:24:49 PM

premium
sloth 2452:46
Originally posted by konstifik
America is world leading (which in this case means worst in the world) in CO2-emissions per capita. Distribution of craft beer is probably not a big contribution to that.

China?
10/8/2012 5:27:21 PM

premium
RamyG4 320:3
Originally posted by ContemplateBeer
Besides our Swedish friend, there hasnít been a real attempt by anyone to answer what was put forth.

Is everyone really so dismissive that this scenario is a possibility? Is it possible, perhaps, that those who want to "go green" are really afraid to do so in regards to their beer?

Sadly nobody cares enough about climate change to do something about it, especially with the amount of power oil companies have (Iím talking on a large scale obviously).

That being said, whenever the problem is actually dealt with (far later than it should have been), there will still be vehicles, they just wonít run on fossil fuels.
10/8/2012 5:42:34 PM

premium
b3shine 5184:261
You should change your username to ContemplateGlobalWarming
10/8/2012 5:59:28 PM

Originally posted by b3shine
You should change your username to ContemplateGlobalWarming
I figured that you, who tries hard to see issues from various perspectives, would appreciate a thread such as this. I guess not.
10/8/2012 6:37:11 PM

premium
b3shine 5184:261
Originally posted by ContemplateBeer
I figured that you, who tries hard to see issues from various perspectives, would appreciate a thread such as this. I guess not.

Lighten up, man. I followed my comment up with a laughing emoticon; donít get your knickers in a twist.
10/8/2012 6:47:32 PM

premium
CLevar 376:10
Iíd be more concerned with the price and/or availability of the raw materials to make beer, rather than the distribution of the finished product.
10/8/2012 8:36:00 PM

peteinSD 1336:57
OP - youíre right. change begins with each individual. if you care, really care . . . then you make changes in your life and hope for other to do the same. i buy whatever i want now but i can see a day where itís local on tap at the source or growler to go for more reasons than just being surrounded by great local beers.
10/8/2012 8:44:38 PM

Originally posted by CLevar
Iíd be more concerned with the price and/or availability of the raw materials to make beer, rather than the distribution of the finished product.
Iíve brought it up previously, and it was met with the same "thatíll never happen" attitude.
10/9/2012 2:36:31 AM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers