Global Warming and Beer Distribution

Reads 1854 • Replies 37 • Started Monday, October 08, 2012 2:30:49 PM CT

Thread Frozen

ContemplateBeer
beers 1916 º places 143 º 17:15 Mon 10/8/2012

Originally posted by konstifik
America is world leading (which in this case means worst in the world) in CO2-emissions per capita. Distribution of craft beer is probably not a big contribution to that.
That craft beer probably isnít a big contributor may be true, but a worldwide cap on emissions would have some effect on distribution, no?

ContemplateBeer
beers 1916 º places 143 º 17:24 Mon 10/8/2012

Besides our Swedish friend, there hasnít been a real attempt by anyone to answer what was put forth.

Is everyone really so dismissive that this scenario is a possibility? Is it possible, perhaps, that those who want to "go green" are really afraid to do so in regards to their beer?

sloth
beers 2754 º places 74 º 17:27 Mon 10/8/2012

Originally posted by konstifik
America is world leading (which in this case means worst in the world) in CO2-emissions per capita. Distribution of craft beer is probably not a big contribution to that.

China?

RamyG4
beers 323 º places 3 º 17:42 Mon 10/8/2012

Originally posted by ContemplateBeer
Besides our Swedish friend, there hasnít been a real attempt by anyone to answer what was put forth.

Is everyone really so dismissive that this scenario is a possibility? Is it possible, perhaps, that those who want to "go green" are really afraid to do so in regards to their beer?

Sadly nobody cares enough about climate change to do something about it, especially with the amount of power oil companies have (Iím talking on a large scale obviously).

That being said, whenever the problem is actually dealt with (far later than it should have been), there will still be vehicles, they just wonít run on fossil fuels.

b3shine
beers 7652 º places 315 º 17:59 Mon 10/8/2012

You should change your username to ContemplateGlobalWarming

ContemplateBeer
beers 1916 º places 143 º 18:37 Mon 10/8/2012

Originally posted by b3shine
You should change your username to ContemplateGlobalWarming
I figured that you, who tries hard to see issues from various perspectives, would appreciate a thread such as this. I guess not.

b3shine
beers 7652 º places 315 º 18:47 Mon 10/8/2012

Originally posted by ContemplateBeer
I figured that you, who tries hard to see issues from various perspectives, would appreciate a thread such as this. I guess not.

Lighten up, man. I followed my comment up with a laughing emoticon; donít get your knickers in a twist.

CLevar
places 20 º 20:36 Mon 10/8/2012

Iíd be more concerned with the price and/or availability of the raw materials to make beer, rather than the distribution of the finished product.

peteinSD
beers 1446 º places 57 º 20:44 Mon 10/8/2012

OP - youíre right. change begins with each individual. if you care, really care . . . then you make changes in your life and hope for other to do the same. i buy whatever i want now but i can see a day where itís local on tap at the source or growler to go for more reasons than just being surrounded by great local beers.

ContemplateBeer
beers 1916 º places 143 º 02:36 Tue 10/9/2012

Originally posted by CLevar
Iíd be more concerned with the price and/or availability of the raw materials to make beer, rather than the distribution of the finished product.
Iíve brought it up previously, and it was met with the same "thatíll never happen" attitude.