RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Globe/Snifter

read 1021 times • 10 replies • posted 7/3/2012 9:15:46 AM

Thread Frozen

cloeren13
Looking to pick up a few awesome beer glasses for my brother and his fiancťís stock the bar party in two weeks. Him and I are advanced in the craft beer scene so already have quite a collection. However, could you all offer up some suggestions and recommendations of your favorite globe/snifters?

Cheers!

Stefan
Private message Send the author a private message

cquiroga 371:11
Michelob Celebrate. Seriously. Probably my favorite glass I own.

The Bruery

Stone Russian Imperial Stout

Cigar City

Eagle Rock

Woodshop Classix

Woodshop 7
7/3/2012 9:24:27 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Cletus 6354:233
Do you have Savers or Goodwill around you? Go there and pick up some brandy snifters. You can usually find them there and they usually go for about 50 cents each or are sold as a set for a few bucks. You can also usually find snifters with logos there.

If you want to get him a few gift sets, buy him a Duvel gift set with the tulip glass and a Unibroue gift set with glass. Both make some interesting beer glasses and interesting beers that donít necessarily need to be consumed immediately.
7/3/2012 9:39:56 AM

seymour 1456:45
I recently received it as a promotional gimmick, but I freakiní love, love, love the new Newcastle Brown Ale nucleated pint glass with an elongated tulip shape. Itís big enough to pour a whole bottle with room for foam. The etched star shape in the bottom keeps the fizz going the whole time and the wide opening puts your nose right there in the aroma sweet spot.

http://www.amazon.com/Newcastle-Geordie-Schooner-Glass-Glasses/dp/B004PFJ94Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341333651&sr=8-1&keywords=newcastle+beer+glasses
7/3/2012 9:44:20 AM

premium
ALLOVATE 2436:96
Originally posted by Cletus
Do you have Savers or Goodwill around you? Go there and pick up some brandy snifters. You can usually find them there and they usually go for about 50 cents each or are sold as a set for a few bucks. You can also usually find snifters with logos there

This!
7/3/2012 6:11:38 PM

pat_ernzen 8:
Was going to suggest Savers/Goodwill, too. Iíve got some nice unbranded snifters/tulips/etc... there and some nice branded glasses (La Chouffe and Allagash tulips), too.
7/3/2012 7:15:23 PM

pat_ernzen 8:
Originally posted by seymourI recently received it as a promotional gimmick, but I freakiní love, love, love the new Newcastle Brown Ale nucleated pint glass with an elongated tulip shape.

I like that shape of glass, too. One of my favorite and most commonly used glasses is a sort of similar shaped glass (though, quite a bit smaller) that I picked up at Goodwill/Savers.

http://desert-motors.com/random/oskar-blues-deviant-dales.jpg
http://desert-motors.com/random/ommegang-aphrodite-3.jpg
7/3/2012 7:26:53 PM

premium
pellegjr 395:16
Originally posted by cquiroga
Michelob Celebrate. Seriously. Probably my favorite glass I own.

I hate that I love this same glass: came with the shittiest chocolate "stout" Iíve ever had that comes in a bottle resembling a mortar round.
7/3/2012 7:55:46 PM

GhostFace 321:15
Create and Barrel has a nice selection of glassware. I found some great glasses there! My go to glass was a New Belgium globe one but I havenít used it since. Thatís my recommendation..
7/4/2012 6:34:30 AM

premium
reggiedunlop 3109:142
Founders CBS snifters are fabulous...availability is spotty from their we shop though.
7/4/2012 7:31:39 AM

abcfan 725:11
7/4/2012 7:46:36 AM

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback