Going to Denmark

Reads 1570 • Replies 19 • Started Wednesday, May 29, 2013 9:29:51 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Reminyze
beers 8421 º places 237 º 09:29 Wed 5/29/2013

Hello everybody,

our summer vacation leads us to Denmark, to the isle of Als / Alsen.
So of course I’ve been going through the places I found here on the site and noticed these few (unfortunately the best one mentioned is already out of business).

Which tipps can you give to me? Are there any hotspots, great bottle shops etc not mentioned here? Will be there for two weeks and are willing to go on some half-day trips that are not longer than one hour. drive.

I’d also be interested in a in person trade.

Looking forward to your advices.

MiP
beers 19994 º places 34 º 13:33 Wed 5/29/2013

There are places listed on ratebeer in Sønderborg, Nordborg, Aabenraa and Flensburg. Those are all within an hour’s drive from Als. Probably not many other places to get good beer than the ones you can find on ratebeer.

We are two ratebeerians living in Sønderborg. Let’s do an in person trade.

BM me for details.

Reminyze
beers 8421 º places 237 º 11:30 Thu 5/30/2013

BMd you ;-)

Unfortunately there really aren’t that many places around and the best place - Dagli’brugsen Havnbjerg - seems to be closed already (when googling it).
On our way we will take a break in Hamburg, Flensburg and maybe Bremen so there is no need to drive to Germany in our vacation.

thewolf
beers 13752 º places 145 º 13:53 Thu 5/30/2013

If you’re willing to drive a tad further, Kolding probably has the regions best bottle shop, YNWA Beershop. Check their listing here on Ratebeer and their website (with an updated beer list).

Note that they are only open Friday and Saturday. But you can write them and get them to set bottles aside.

If you’re going to Kolding, you can BM me as well for an in-person trade :o)

McWorta
beers 1632 º places 156 º 12:50 Sat 6/1/2013

Ribe is a nice place and got some good beers but might be a bit out of place...

Reminyze
beers 8421 º places 237 º 12:21 Sun 6/2/2013

@thewolf: I will look up Kolding tomorrow on the PC to see where it exactly is! :-) Thank you for your tipps! Problem is that you never know what the wheather will be like.... If there are 14 days of rain sure we are happy enough to drive little bit further but if there are at least 10 days of sun we are happy enough to stay at the beach, go for long walks and to drive four days around to go to a brewpub, buy beers etc.

Reminyze
beers 8421 º places 237 º 12:27 Sun 6/2/2013

@McWorta: I will also look up your place tomorrow but guess you’re little bit joking ;-)

McWorta
beers 1632 º places 156 º 12:09 Tue 6/4/2013

Originally posted by McTapps
@McWorta: I will also look up your place tomorrow but guess you’re little bit joking ;-)

Nah not at all, Ribe got a lovely inner city center, with old buildings with traditional food and all and the brewhouse is here http://www.ribebryghus.dk/

By the way do not miss out on Kegnaes...

Reminyze
beers 8421 º places 237 º 04:57 Wed 6/5/2013

Kegnaes?

Funnily we first wanted to rent the holidays house little bit above Ribe but found a better house / better offer on the island of Als. When the weather ain’t that bad for the whole two weeks we will barely leave Als. We plan to watch football in Logumkloster and maybe we visit the city of Abenra but it’s hard to make further plans because it all depends on the weather...

Reminyze
beers 8421 º places 237 º 04:59 Wed 6/5/2013

But the beers of Ribe Bryghus really look yummy :-)

MiP
beers 19994 º places 34 º 05:40 Wed 6/5/2013

Originally posted by McTapps
Kegnaes?

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kegnæs