Golden IPA’S

Reads 1814 • Replies 19 • Started Saturday, July 9, 2016 7:34:25 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Jow
beers 7338 º places 487 º 19:18 Mon 7/11/2016

What about Kane Head High that’s probably best NJ IPA or just NJ beer I’ve had.

spacecoyote
19:34 Mon 7/11/2016

Originally posted by Jow

A good beer, to be sure, but I have had it on draught recently and it is most assuradly a "malt forward" beer when measured against the current "litmus test" that determines the placement on the scale that distinguishes malty IPA’s from the IPA’s that adhere to a different school of thought.

whaleman
beers 2178 º places 25 º 20:09 Mon 7/11/2016

Carton Boat Beer. Victory Dirt Wolf. These beers might be in your wheelhouse and locally available.

Jow
beers 7338 º places 487 º 20:17 Mon 7/11/2016

Originally posted by spacecoyote
Originally posted by Jow

A good beer, to be sure, but I have had it on draught recently and it is most assuradly a "malt forward" beer when measured against the current "litmus test" that determines the placement on the scale that distinguishes malty IPA’s from the IPA’s that adhere to a different school of thought.

It’s been a couple years I’ll have to check my rating would not have guessed that. What about Barrier Money does that make it down?

cryfreedmb
beers 113 º places 12 º 20:29 Mon 7/11/2016

Originally posted by Jow
What about Kane Head High that’s probably best NJ IPA 3or just NJ beer I’ve had.

Yes, thats the best Ipa made in Nj, imo

cryfreedmb
beers 113 º places 12 º 20:31 Mon 7/11/2016

Originally posted by Jow

Imo, Head High is not malt forward. It’s actually not even close. Maybe we just have very different taste buds.

spacecoyote
20:34 Mon 7/11/2016

Originally posted by Jow
Originally posted by Jow

It’s been a couple years I’ll have to check my rating would not have guessed that. What about Barrier Money does that make it down?

Barrier makes great beer, and Money is a quality product, but I’m not sure that, when it comes to the OP’s search, that beer cuts the mustard.

spacecoyote
07:15 Tue 7/12/2016

Originally posted by cryfreedmb
Originally posted by Jow

Imo, Head High is not malt forward. It’s actually not even close. Maybe we just have very different taste buds.

There are varying degrees of "malt forward", and the draught sample that I had about a month ago falls on that spectrum. Maybe it’s on the lower end, but it’s definitely there.

Impstar17
08:01 Thu 7/28/2016

Originally posted by cryfreedmb
I’m looking for IPA’S that are less malty in flavor, color and aroma and more on the golden side. Vital IPA and Firestone 001 are examples of the style of ipa I’m looking for. Can anyone recommend other IPA’s in that range?

Thanks
You should try Flying Dod Easy IPA , Captain Lawrence Effortless IPA and Captain Lawrence Golden Delicious.